Two firefighters were taken to hospital due to heat publicity after an early morning fire at a rural property east of Edmonton on Wednesday.
Strathcona County firefighters were called to a fire at a single-family house within the area of Range Road 225A and Township Road 520 prior to 2 a.m.
Devin Capcara, deputy fire chief with Strathcona County Emergency Products and providers, said crews arrived at a working fire with a total lot black smoke. It’s believed the fire started within the basement of the house, Capcara said.
Firefighters tried to catch into the basement, however Capcara said it was hard to access due to heat and low visibility. Crews fought the fire from the out of doorways and the blaze was below retain an eye on by 7: 30 a.m. Firefighters and several emergency autos remained on scene after 8 a.m.
Capcara said the residents of the house were able to make it out safely. On the alternative hand, two firefighters were taken to hospital in Sherwood Park as a precaution for assessment because of heat publicity, Capcara said. Both members were doing properly and heading house to rest, he added.
Story continues below advertisement
The house suffered heavy fire, smoke and water damage. The value of the damages is now no longer but identified, nor is the cause.