Posted by Jason Cartwright
July 30, 2021
This day, the Australian Renewable Vitality Agency (ARENA), on behalf of the Australian Authorities, has announced $24.55 million in funding to 5 applicants across 19 initiatives to amplify Australia’s fast charging network for battery electrical vehicles (EVs), in Spherical 1 of the Authorities’s Future Fuels Fund.
Below the deal, we are going to acquire a diagram to eye 403 modern fast charging stations, from 5 electrical charging network companies.
The profitable applicants are:
- Evie Networks: ARENA will provide $8.85 million to Fast Cities Australia Pty Ltd (Evie Networks) for the transport of 158 public fast charging stations across eight areas.
- Ampol: ARENA will provide $7.05 million to Ampol Australia Petroleum Pty Ltd (Ampol) for the transport of 121 public fast charging stations across four areas.
- Engie: ARENA will provide $6.85 million to IPAH Client Solutions Australia Pty Ltd (Engie) for the transport of 103 public fast charging stations across four areas.
- Chargefox: ARENA will provide $1.4 million to Chargefox Pty Ltd (Chargefox) for the transport of 16 public fast charging stations across two areas.
- Electric Highways Tasmania: ARENA will provide $0.4 million to Electric Highways Tasmania Pty Ltd (EHT) for the transport of 5 public fast charging stations across one blueprint.
Each of which is willing so as to charging on the least two vehicles on the same time as at 50 kW or above (we hope nearer to the 350kW).
Charging stations will likely be built across eight geographic areas conserving 14 of Australia’s most populous cities. Besides to networks within the capital cities in every relate and territory, regional centres in conjunction with Geelong, Newcastle, Wollongong and the Sunshine Creep will every earn on the least eight modern fast charging stations to pressure the uptake of EVs in regional locations.
The Future Fuels Fund is a $71.9 million initiative announced within the 2020-21 federal funds to acquire boundaries to the uptake of contemporary car technologies. Spherical 1 targets to toughen the rising different of Australian motorists with EVs with a charging network across regional and capital cities, while subsequent rounds will level of curiosity on rising EV charging skill in regional areas, decreasing boundaries to transitioning industry fleets and rising the usage of hydrogen and biofuels within the transport sector.
“As the prices of electrical vehicles come down, extra patrons and rapidly customers favor to head electrical. Expanding the fast charging network will contain it easier than ever to pressure an EV in Australia,” he acknowledged.
“The proposals we received were of such high quality, we were compelled to amplify the funding. We’re elated so that you just can toughen extra than 400 charging stations across the country.”
ARENA CEO Darren Miller
That is a terribly obvious step forward for electrical vehicles in Australia, addressing regarded as one of many biggest questions from doable EV house owners, around charging alternatives. The Federal Authorities in total gets criticised for their lack of an EV strategy and while circulation within the incentive achieve of dwelling will more than likely be assistive to EV adoption, it’s obvious to eye continued funding in charging infrastructure.