Ashley Walters is “in shock and deeply saddened” by the allegations in opposition to his Bulletproof co-megastar Noel Clarke.
On Thursday night, the Guardian newspaper printed a series of claims from 20 girls who accused Clarke of sexual misconduct, harassment, and bullying, and on Friday, Walters, Clarke’s longtime friend and colleague, issued a statement on social media in which he spoke out regarding the claims.
“My thoughts are with the girls who beget map forward and told their unpleasant reports. I am in shock and deeply saddened by what I beget heard on a gigantic number of ranges,” the Top Boy megastar wrote. “I would by no manner condone behaviour of this nature neither in nor out of the office, and while Noel has been a friend and colleague for just a few years, I will no longer stand by and ignore these allegations.
“Sexual harassment, abuse and bullying construct no longer beget any space in our industry. Every lady has the accurate to a stable office and transferring forward I pledge my dedication to this.”
Walters and Clarke had been co-stars on Bulletproof for the past three seasons and had been in the course of making a fourth, alternatively, officials for broadcaster Sky confirmed on Friday that it has stopped production.
“Sky stands in opposition to all forms of sexual harassment and bullying and takes any allegations of this nature extremely significantly,” a spokesperson told Vary. “Effective directly, we’ve got halted Noel Clarke’s involvement in any future Sky productions.”
By his attorneys, Clarke has denied your total allegations by the 20 girls, with the exception of for one – he admitted to making wicked feedback about one lady and insisted he has apologised.