Be a part of TechCrunch for its first 2021 installment of the Ask Me Anything sequence, where TechCrunch interviews specialists and answers your burning questions about virtual events.
Our first guest is Xiaoyin Qu, co-founder and CEO of Plod The World.
Friday, February 26, 1 p.m. PT
Plod The World is a one-stay store virtual events platform with a level of curiosity on community engagement. TechCrunch has written about Plod The World in the past. It launched in 2019, with backers like Andreessen Horowitz and Founders Fund, and skyrocketed in popularity when COVID canceled in-person events and created an overwhelming desire for one-on-one connection. Plod The World has since grown to 45 employees and has hosted more than 10,000 events, including for TechCrunch.
At this AMA, Xiaoyin and TechCrunch will talk about:
- How COVID changed the virtual match roadmap
- What virtual events gape like when in-person events arrive back
- Lessons learned from managing merchandise at Facebook and Instagram
- What’s next for Plod The World
- Audience Q&A
- 1:1 networking using Plod The World
Who ought to attend? Tournament organizers, match marketers, match sponsors.