By Nolan King |
April 2, 2021 9: 00 pm
UNCASVILLE, Conn. – Magomed Magomedov is now two-for-two inside of the Bellator cage.
At Bellator 255 on Friday, Magomedov (18-1 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) defeated promotional debutant Cee Jay Hamilton by rear-naked choke at 1: 22 of Spherical 2. The fight used to be the featured preliminary card fight and streamed on MMA Junkie.
Entering the fight, Magomedov used to be a 21-to-1 favorite on realistic across primarily the predominant online sportsbooks. While Hamilton remained aggressive in the opening minutes, Magomedov nearly accomplished Hamilton in the first spherical. Magomedov nailed a signature suplex and swarmed Hamilton with punches. The referee got closing to stopping it, however the bell saved Hamilton.
In Spherical 2, the domination persevered. After Magomedov landed a troublesome flying knee, the two fighters clinched. Hamilton shot for a takedown but used to be snappy reversed. Magomedov climbed up Hamilton’s relieve, brought him relieve all of the formula down to the canvas, and locked in a rear-naked choke to get the submission.
The clutch comes on the heels of Magomedov’s profitable promotional debut the save he defeated Matheus Mattos by strategy of unanimous decision at Bellator 254 in December.
- Magomed Magomedov def. Cee Jay Hamilton by strategy of submission (rear-naked choke) – Spherical 2, 1: 22
- Mandel Nallo def. Ricardo Seixas Filho by strategy of knockout (punch) – Spherical 1, 3: 23
- Khalid Murtazaliev def. Fabio Aguiar by strategy of unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Chris Gonzalez def. Roger Huerta by strategy of submission (strikes) – Spherical 3, 3: 01
- Jose Augusto def. Jonathan Wilson by strategy of submission (arm-triangle choke) – Spherical 1, 4: 58
- Roman Faraldo def. Trevor Gudde by strategy of TKO (punches) – Spherical 1, 1: 30
- Jordan Newman def. Branko Busick by strategy of TKO (punches) – Spherical 2, 2: 30