By Simon Samano |
April 9, 2021 11: 02 pm
Liz Carmouche would possibly perhaps perchance perhaps honest no longer bag any credit score for type points, but she’s received a win.
Carmouche, a frail two-weight UFC title challenger, picked up her second Bellator victory in as many tries Friday night time, defeating frail Invicta FC champion Vanessa Porto by unanimous decision in their Bellator 256 flyweight co-headliner. The judges’ closing ratings after 15 minutes be taught 29-28 and a pair of 30-27s.
From the originate, the conflict played out admire a chess match, with Carmouche (15-7 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) showing comfort at differ while Porto (22-9 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) adopted her around the cage. Carmouche came out southpaw against the orthodox and spent tons of Round 1 circling to Porto’s honest while popping interior and out for strikes.
Carmouche closed the distance in Round 2 and managed to withhold Porto against the cage for the majority of the time, landing knees from interior the clinch. It wasn’t except decrease than two minutes that Porto in the raze chanced on separation, but she couldn’t map the relaxation happen.
Porto tried closing distance in Round 3, with the conflict’s finest second coming halfway via when she rushed in and Carmouche tripped conclude to the cage. Carmouche recovered, though, and hang develop into it into a takedown strive, and so they clinched against the fence for tons of the the relaxation of the conflict.
Carmouche now has won four of her previous five fights relationship again to her UFC tenure, together with her handiest defeat to UFC girls’s flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko. Porto, in the intervening time, had her three conflict winning roam snapped.
Up-to-the-minute Bellator 256 results encompass:
- Liz Carmouche def. Vanessa Porto by technique of unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Adam Borics def. Jeremy Kennedy by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Cat Zingano def. Olivia Parker by technique of submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2: 56
- Dan Moret def. Goiti Yamauchi by technique of shatter up decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 6 p.m. ET)
- Dalton Rosta def. Tony Johnson by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Talita Nogueira def. Jessica Borga by technique of unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Jornel Lugo def. Cass Bell by technique of unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Cody Law def. Nathan Ghareeb by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jaylon Bates def. Jeffrey Glossner by technique of submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1: 27
- Nainoa Dung def. Izzy William by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Diana Avsaragova def. Tara Graff by technique of knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0: 29
- John Douma def. Will Smith by technique of shatter up decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)