Vadim Nemkov’s first Bellator title protection is in the books.
The Bellator light heavyweight champion defeated challenger Phil Davis in a rematch that headlined Friday’s Bellator 257 in Uncasville, Conn. Nemkov (14-2 MMA, 6-0 BMMA) outpointed Davis
The championship bout used to be a part of the Bellator light heavyweight grand prix. Nemkov advances to the semifinal and can bask in discontinuance on the winner of Anthony Johnson vs. Yoel Romero, which is decided to trot down on Can also honest 7.
In the main round, each and each warring parties remained standing and nobody tried to bask in discontinuance the action to the flooring. On the feet, neither fighter landed anything foremost. Nonetheless, the champion used to be busier than Davis and landed more photographs.
The second round is where the action picked up, as Nemkov used to be able to tumble Davis with an uppercut and power him into survival mode. Davis did a immense job at avoiding extra harm and pressed Nemkov against the cage long sufficient to increase, however Nemkov outstruck him for the remainder of the round.
The third round, Davis did a greater job at pressing forward and forcing action, however Nemkov peaceful managed to land cleaner and finish a miniature busier. The champion controlled most of the action on the feet up to that point of the fight.
The fourth used to be grand of a continuation of the third. Nemkov used to be landing more and had a larger volume of strikes. Davis fell behind however did address to wake up the champion dull in the fourth. With just a few minute left, Davis connected with a honest hand that a miniature apprehensive Nemkov. In the following exchanges, Davis connected orderly a couple more instances however didn’t vastly harm the Russian. It used to be seemingly Davis’ most productive round.
In the final round, Davis tried to capitalize on the momentum of the finish of the fourth. He pressed the action and used to be looking more aggressive, making the fight loads nearer and even having a runt edge. It used to be an admirable try, however it certainly came too dull as Nemkov had achieved sufficient to remove the early rounds of the fight.
Nemkov remains unbeaten below the Bellator banner. He gained the Bellator 205-pound title stopping Ryan Bader in the second round encourage in August. Nemkov is in the mean time on a seven-fight winning trip. His final loss came to fellow Bellator light heavyweight Karl Albrektsson encourage in 2016 at Rizin FF 1.
Davis saw a 3-fight winning trip near to an finish. He’s 5-2 in his final seven outings with the two defeats coming to Nemkov as he has previously lost to the Russian in a split determination encourage in 2018.
Unswerving Bellator 257 outcomes include:
- Vadim Nemkov def. Phil Davis via unanimous determination (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Corey Anderson def. Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov via TKO (strikes) – Spherical 3, 2: 15 – advances to light heavyweight grand prix semifinal
- Veta Arteaga def. Desiree Yanez via majority determination (28-28, 29-27, 29-27)
- Paul Daley def. Sabah Homasi via TKO (punches) – Spherical 2, 1: 44
- Julia Budd def. Dayana Silva via split determination (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Julius Anglickas def. Gregory Milliard via unanimous determination (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Steve Mowry def. Shaun Asher via TKO (strikes) – Spherical 1, 0: 55
- Grachik Bozinyan def. Demarques Jackson via unanimous determination (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Raymond Daniels def. Peter Stanonik via unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lance Gibson Jr. def. Marcus Surin via unanimous determination (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Karl Albrektsson def. Viktor Nemkov via unanimous determination (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mads Burnell def. Saul Rogers via submission (rear-naked choke) – Spherical 2, 4: 08
- Pedro Carvalho vs. Jay Jay Wilson def. Pedro Carvalho via TKO (strikes) – Spherical 2, 0: 53
Bellator 257, Breaking, Phil Davis, Vadim Nemkov, video, Bellator, Featured, News
Bellator 257 outcomes: Vadim Nemkov outlasts Phil Davis to defend title, advance in grand prix