The British Embassy in San Jose is now accepting venture proposals for the 2021/2022 financial 365 days (August 2021 – January 2022).
The British Embassy San Jose is aiming to fortify non everlasting interventions in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, valued at up to US$20,000 that form out the next thematic areas:
- Commence societies (democracy, human rights, media freedom)
- COVID-19, vaccines, recovery and world health security
- Local climate and biodiversity
We are taking a gape for projects that carry staunch, measurable ends in fortify of the abovementioned priorities in these nations and are in particular in proposals geared toward the next targets:
- Reinforce democratic governance and rule of regulation;
- Give a pick to the rights of marginalised groups, along with through the prevention of human rights violations and strengthening of protections for marginalised groups, such as females and girls, indigenous communities and migrants;
- Give a pick to media freedom, along with strengthening of to blame journalism, combating misinformation and bettering the enabling atmosphere in which freedom of the click is get and respected;
- Bring tough response to and recovery from the pandemic, along with Covid-19 variant surveillance and information pushed initiatives to tackle the virus. (Proposals in fortify of this goal must present proof of matched funding or same shared commitments.)
- Give a pick to transport of ambitious environmental targets and plans sooner than COP26 and past, along with technical fortify and capability building to institutions, indigenous groups and childhood working on local climate issues. (Proposals in fortify of this goal must present proof of matched funding or same shared commitments.)
- Give a pick to transport of solid sectoral action to plod transitions to handsome enhance nationally and within the realm economy. (Proposals in fortify of this goal must trace a solid UK hyperlink.)
Project uncover guidance
- Projects can be funded for the duration running from 1 August 2021 to 31 January 2022, with out a expectation of persevered funding past this duration;
- Project bids must trace 85% utilize by 30 November 2021 and 100% utilize by 31 January 2022;
- Proposals deserve to be submitted in United States Greenbacks (USD) currency;
- Minimal venture budget limit: $5,000;
- Most venture budget limit: $20,000.
Project bids can be assessed in opposition to the next requirements:
- Alignment with the above talked about thematic priorities and outcomes;
- Outcomes are achievable inner the funding duration (1 August 2021 to 31 January 2022);
- Project fetch involves clear monitoring and evaluate procedures, as neatly as risk and financial accountability procedures;
- Evidence of sustainability – demonstrating that venture advantages continue after the funding ends;
- Alignment with the Paris Agreement, demonstrating that an area climate and environmental risk and impact evaluate used to be accomplished and no environmental anxiety can be accomplished;
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies develop obvious protection of beneficiaries, tackle discrimination and develop obvious equality of opportunity for these with get characteristics;
- Overall trace for money;
- Administration costs must not exceed 10% of the total venture budget.
Funding can not be aged to finance the next:
- Procurement of Non-public Keeping Equipment (PPE), vaccines, diagnostic assessments/affords and COVID-19 linked medicines;
- Resolve or maintenance of IT or capital equipment;
- Communications ideas or campaigns.
|17 June 2021 (heart of the evening)||Decrease-off date for receipt of venture proposals|
|1 July 2021||Implementers informed of bidding round final consequence|
|1 August 2021||Projects commence up|
|30 November 2021||Projects to carry out 85% implementation and utilize|
|31 January 2022||Projects to whole all activities, carry out 100% utilize and put up venture completion portray|
Bidding route of
- Proposals deserve to be submitted in English the utilize of the linked Project Proposal Form (up to US$10K or above US$10K) and Activity Basically based Budget template equipped below;
- All proposals deserve to be purchased by heart of the evening on 17 June (Central American time). Leisurely proposals might possibly well well not be regarded as;
- Proposals deserve to be submitted to [email protected] with the subject line “Organisation name – Project Title” and consist of a degree of contact within the body of the electronic mail;
- Successful bidders can be notified by 1 July 2021.
Additional information and documentation
All implementers can be anticipated to label a historic FCO contract or grant settlement with the Embassy. The phrases of the contract or settlement aren’t negotiable.
As all projects are anticipated to non-public executed 85% utilize by 30 November 2021, Activity Basically based Budgets must mirror this requirement.
- Project proposal form (for projects valued up to US$10K) (ODT, 55.1KB)
- Proposal proposal form (for projects valued above US$10K) (ODT, 61.6KB)
- Activity Basically based Budget (ABB) template (ODS, 10.3KB)
- Fee For Money and ABB guidance (ODT, 13.7KB)
- Administration costs guidance (ODT, 10.8KB)
Published 29 Could well perhaps also 2021