Hi there and welcome benefit to Equity, TechCrunch’s mission capital-focused podcast, the build we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Natasha and Danny and Alex and Grace were all here to discuss by the week’s finest tech happenings. It changed into a busy week on the IPO front, Danny changed into buried in getting the Tonal EC-1 out, and Natasha took a whereas off. But the host trio managed to prep and story a point to that changed into honestly a kick to story, and we think, a pleasure to listen to to!
So, in your morning stroll, here’s what we contain for you:
- The Substack dialog: Does the unique $65 million examine make sense? What’s Substack? Does it contain a moat? Why is Natasha’s URL so significantly better than Alex’s?
- Cameo raised $100 million and none of us in reality contain a bone to win with that. Danny in actuality argues in prefer of it.
- The Clubhouse dialog: Does every single product contain to characteristic are living audio? The retort appears to be certain, oddly passable. Discord comes up along with Spotify, as does LinkedIn. And by some capability, Microsoft Excel and Miami?
- TechCrunch scooped that Pipe is raising more money at an astronomical unique valuation, and we argue about what a spinoff in reality is.
- Harlem Capital raises $134 million for its unique fund.
- MaC VC raises $103 million for its unique fund.
It changed into a combination of laughs, ‘aha’ moments and staunch conversations about how complex ambition in startups wants to be. One listener the assorted day mentioned to us that the pandemic made it more challenging to sever out time for podcasts, since listening changed into often reserved for commutes. We find it, and in lawful scrappy fashion, we’re ordinary the absolute most life like map you’ve tailored to faraway work and podcasts. Let us know the absolute most life like map you tune into Equity by map of Twitter and endure in mind that we’re grateful in your ears!