Daniel Rodriguez has stepped up to the plate.
At the moment after Sean Brady withdrew Saturday from UFC on ESPN 30, Rodriguez (15-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) raised his hand to step in against Kevin Lee. Days later, the UFC provide has reach and Rodriguez will face Lee on Aug. 28.
Two folks with information of the matchup confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie after an initial file Wednesday from Cageside Press, however asked to remain anonymous because the promotion has but to manufacture an unswerving announcement.
— Nolan King (@mma_kings) August 10, 2021
Rodriguez rides a two-fight winning high-tail into the matchup, which includes a unanimous decision win over Mike Perry, and additional currently, a knockout of UFC newcomer Preston Parsons. His only promotional loss to date modified into once a controversial decision defeat to Nicolas Dalby at UFC 255 in November.
Lee (18-6 MMA, 11-6 UFC), who enters the fight after two canceled bookings vs. Brady, has lost three of his most trendy 5 outings. He returns to welterweight after a 1-1 plunge to light-weight.
With the addition, the UFC on ESPN 30 lineup includes:
- Edson Barboza vs. Giga Chikadze
- Kevin Lee vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Sam Alvey vs. Wellington Turman
- Mario Bautista vs. Guido Cannetti
- Jamall Emmers vs. Pat Sabatini
- JJ Aldrich vs. Tracy Cortez
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Aliaskhab Khizriev
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Darren Stewart