Home Canada Grunt Bay schools asked to move online as COVID-19 cases rise

Grunt Bay schools asked to move online as COVID-19 cases rise

47
0
Grunt Bay schools asked to move online as COVID-19 cases rise

A student peers through the front door of Thorncliffe Park Public School in Toronto on Friday December 4, 2020.

By Denise Paglinawan and Holly McKenzie-SutterThe Canadian Press

Early Newspaper

Thu., Feb. 25, 20212 min. be taught

The top doctor for the Grunt Bay, Ont., plot is recommending all schools move classes online for the following two weeks due to rising COVID-19 cases.

Dr. Janet DeMille made the advice in a Thursday memo to college boards in the put.

Lakehead Public Schools shared the memo on its web assert and introduced classes would move online initiating Monday, with extra instruction from the health unit to reach.

The college board had referred to as for the move to virtual college this week amid outbreaks that had already compelled four schools online.

The board stated COVID-19 cases and exposures have led to a staffing shortage and despatched hundreds of students into isolation.

Education Minister Stephen Lecce stated the subject in Grunt Bay schools is expounded to rising COVID-19 transmission in the broader community.

“There’s actions being taken to cleave again that … at the community level which somehow will assist make sure schools can reopen and take care of stable in the province,” Lecce told reporters on Thursday.

He stated sorting out resources will most likely be deployed to college communities

Schools in other places in Ontario had been facing cases of more infectious variants of COVID-19 on Thursday.

As of Thursday, 11 schools in Toronto had detected at least one case of a more contagious COVID-19 variant.

Affected people and cohorts were despatched dwelling based on their risk level, according to the local public health unit.

The Toronto District College Board stated Earl Grey SPS, Edgewood PS and Pleasant Stare MS had been added to the checklist on Thursday.

A spokesman for Toronto District College Board stated the general public health unit has now not urged schools to grasp any extra health and security measures as we narrate.

“Nonetheless at the same time, they’re reminding all people of the importance of the present health and security measures,” stated Ryan Chicken.

“While pertaining to, we have now got assurances from public health officials that there don’t seem to be any extra precautions that want to be taken.”

Variant cases were stumbled on in Toronto’s public and Catholic college boards, as effectively as two deepest schools.

Lecce pointed to contemporary provincial requirements that students with one COVID-19 symptom must now isolate for 10 days to illustrate the province’s stronger public health measures for schools gentle of the contemporary variants.

“The province has stepped up the requirements, both on the machine and on families, factual to be totally vigilant that we don’t inspect variants of concerns spreading and creating challenges for our formative years, for our workers and factual for the healthcare machine that we’re making an are trying to offer protection to,” Lecce told reporters on Thursday.

On Wednesday, public health officials pushed aside students and workers from two Sudbury, Ont., schools following five confirmed cases of COVID-19.

All five cases were identified by Public Health Sudbury and Districts as variants of subject.

Loading…

Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…

Provincial data as of 10: 30 a.m. on Thursday reported 18 schools closed due to COVID-19 and 430 schools with a reported case, representing with regards to nine per cent of schools provincewide.

This document by The Canadian Press was first printed Feb. 25, 2021.

This story was produced with the financial assistance of the Facebook and Canadian Press Data Fellowship.

Source:
Grunt Bay schools asked to move online as COVID-19 cases rise

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here