New Yorker Favorites
- A trip to St. Kilda, the lost Scottish utopia in the sea.
- The many faces of women who identify as witches.
- The poodle who hosts a Japanese cooking show from beyond the grave.
- The unexpected allies and enemies of Glenn Greenwald.
- Guardians can sell the assets and control the lives of senior citizens without their consent—and reap a profit from it.
- The work of a MacArthur-grant-winning psychologist explains how the unthinkable becomes acceptable, and how the change can be reversed.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive the best stories from The New Yorker.
The New Yorker Recommends
What our staff is reading, watching, and listening to each week.
It’s the Thought That Counts