Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Israeli entrepreneur Yuri Milner are reportedly funding a brand novel anti-growing old enterprise coming out of Silicon Valley that helps individuals “live forever”.
JEFF BEZOS: NEXT MISSION? TO ‘LIVE FOREVER’
With the exception of his enterprise into home, Jeff Bezos has a brand novel mission on the horizon and it is to live forever. Jeff Bezos and Yuri Milner include reportedly invested in Altos Labs, a launch-up firm that objectives to reverse the growing old course of.
Per Forbes, Jeff Bezos is the world’s richest particular person with a rating worth of an estimated $200 billion (R286 trillion) and Milner is worth $4.8 billion (R68 billion).
The firm modified into incorporated in Delaware, US earlier this one year and filed in California in June. Per a epic by MIT Expertise Evaluation, the firm raised as a minimal $270 million (R386 billion).
Atlos Labs is reportedly recruiting university scientists with salaries as high as $1 million (R14 million) to habits compare on how cells age and the appropriate way to reverse that course of for a longer life span.
A TICKING BIOLOGICAL CLOCK?
Jeff Bezos is 57 while Milner is 59 and it appears the billionaires are thinking of loss of life and dying and desire no section of it. Atlos Labs might perhaps perhaps perhaps well appropriate be their resolution…
Despite the incontrovertible truth that residing forever shall be overly formidable purpose, a Spanish biologist on the mission, Juan Carlos Izpisúa Belmonte, has predicted the human lifespan might perhaps perhaps perhaps well be increased by 50 years.
Atlos Labs also recruited:
- Nobel Prize winner Dr Shinya Yamanaka, who received his coveted award in 2012 for The discovery that former cells might perhaps perhaps perhaps well additionally be reprogrammed to became pluripotent
- Peter Walter of the College of California to ogle into reminiscence molecules.
- College of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) professor Steve Horvath who came up with the “biological clock” calculator.
- Dr Jennifer Doudna for received a Nobel Prize for her co-discovery of CRISPR gene modifying in 2020.
- Manuel Serrano from the Institute for Be taught in Biomedicine. Dr Shinya Yamanaka, who shared a Nobel Prize for the discovery of reprogramming in 2012 shall be a part of as an unpaid senior scientist.
“The philosophy of Altos Labs is to attain curiosity-driven compare. Right here’s what I know the appropriate way to attain and like to attain. On this case, thru a deepest firm, we include the freedom to be courageous and explore. On this attain this is able to perhaps perhaps well rejuvenate me,” said Serrano in an announcement.
Jeff Bezos has funded linked compare beforehand as he invested in anti-growing old firm United Biotechnology.