Home Australia Justice of the Peace casts doubt on sex assault case

Justice of the Peace casts doubt on sex assault case

37
0
Justice of the Peace casts doubt on sex assault case

Sexual assault costs towards ex-MasterChef contestant Ben Ungermann are scheme to be dropped, after a young person alleged she “felt his skin on my skin” and “contracted into a ball”.

Ungermann, 37, used to be charged with three counts of sexually touching a 16-12 months-gentle lady in Melbourne with out her consent on February 23, 2020.

Early Newspaper

Melbourne Magistrates Court docket used to be on Wednesday urged those costs would be withdrawn and modified with one count of common legislation assault.

The girl urged police she cried after the alleged incident and requested her boyfriend to name her at once.

“I felt his skin on my skin and I contracted into a ball,” the girl said in an interview performed to court.

 Ben Ungermann
Ben Ungermann Credit: Network 10/ MasterChef

“I was in shock at that level. I started crying and texted (her accomplice), announcing ‘name me upright now’.”

Ungermann’s barrister Abbie Roodenburg said she would be aware to contain the 37-12 months-gentle positioned on a diversion for the common legislation assault price. This would enable him to steer certain of a conviction.

Roodenburg earlier sought a permanent preserve of lawsuits, which would possibly perhaps presumably perhaps well contain halted the case towards Ungermann.

Melbourne Magistrates Court (file image)
A magistrate has solid doubt on the energy of the case towards an ex-MasterChef contestant. Credit: AAP

The attorney argued the girl had been “coached” by police while giving proof.

Justice of the Peace Mia Stylianou said the claims about coaching contain been “a long way from finest”, however refused to throw out Ungermann’s case altogether.

Ungermann used to be runner-up within the 2017 season of the Network 10 cooking demonstrate. He additionally returned for final 12 months’s collection.

He’s thanks to reappear in court on Friday for the diversion application.

Source:
Justice of the Peace casts doubt on sex assault case