The former workers of Lily Mine in Mpumalanga and households who aloof have the bodies of their formative years (who labored on the mine) stutter they have no reason to commemorate Personnel’ Day.
30 April 2021 marked exactly 2 years since the households have camped open air the Lily Mine with the hope of getting the lend a hand of the executive and others to retrieve the bodies of their deceased family who are aloof trapped in the mine.
‘WE HAVE NO REASON TO CELEBRATE WORKERS’ DAY‘
In an announcement, the former crew acknowledged their rights and dignity as of us- as crew- seem to mean nothing to these in energy, these that govern our nation and these organisations which supposedly exist to get up for his or her rights.
“1 Would perchance is Global Personnel Day, where we’re going to also aloof be celebrating crew’ rights, and the severe role of substitute unions and other labour organizations in the fight for democracy. The Lily Mine crew have nothing to celebrate on this day. Is that this batho pele (of us first)? Is that this how we originate South Africa together? Is that this the greater lifestyles for all?”
“The achieve apart’s our DMRE? The achieve apart’s our Union? If our leaders won’t attend us, perchance our of us will. We plead with all South Africans to stand with us to fight in opposition to the terrifying that’s facing Lily Mine. Together we’re going to overcome.”
Former Lily Mine crew
The legitimate spokesperson for the former crew and affected households, Harry Mazibuko acknowledged that since their arrival on the mine on 30 April 2019 they have been calling for the Division of Mineral Sources and Energy to intervene and listen to their yowl.
“We have suffered humiliation, lies, empty guarantees and betrayal – not handiest from SA management, but from the management of our maintain Mine, Vantage administration, as smartly because the Industrial Rescue Practitioners (BRPs) who had been tasked with bringing Lily Mine out of enterprise
rescue encourage into operation, but as a substitute are colluding with Vantage administration to derive our teenagers and colleagues buried, together with the evidence of their negligence and inappropriate practices for which they could presumably maybe be called to fable,” Mazibuko acknowledged.
TIMELINE SINCE THE LILY MINE TRAGEDY
- 5 February 2016, a container on the mine entrance collapsed and three crew are trapped in it.
- 12 February 2016, technology outmoded detects the three crew Yvonne Mnisi, Reasonably Nkambule and Solomon Nyirenda are aloof alive.
- 30 Would perchance 2018, Director-Popular of the Division of Mineral Sources, Thabo Mokoena briefs the Parliament’s Portfolio Committee on progress at Lily Mine since the tragedy in 2016. “Mine could presumably maybe open operating this yr.”
- 30 Would perchance 2018, Industrial Rescue Practitioners real a buyer and are right now purchasing the ownership of the mine.
- 30 April 2019, Harry Mazibuko and affected households camp open air Lily Mine.
- 5 February 2021 marks 5 years since the tragedy
- 28 February 2021, Mpumalanga High Court points meantime court docket teach to stop reopening of the mine
- 29 March 2021, marks 700 days since the households have camped open air Lily Mine
- 9 April 2021, the neighborhood’s camp is made up our minds alight and most of their assets are destroyed
- 14 April 2021, Arqomanzi and Herman Mashaba’s ActionSA attend rebuild the camp
- 30 April 2021, 2 plump years since the households have camped open air Lily Mine
Since 2016, Vantage Goldfields and the BRP’s have launched over 10 creditors. At conceal, the households’ spokesperson, Mazibuko is in hiding after receiving dying threats.