Ren Hefley, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Michigan, threw 10 — 10! — touchdown passes Saturday as Presbyterian walloped St. Andrews, 84-43, in Clinton, SC.
His backup also threw a pair of scoring passes.
The victory got here in the first game for head coach Kevin Kelly, a excessive college fable. Kelly became employed after main Pulaski Academy of Miniature Rock, Arkansas, to nine negate championships and 216 victories in 18 years.
— The 33rd Crew (@The33rdTeamFB) September 5, 2021
Hefley’s 10-TD Performance Leads PC to Season-Opening Earn
— PC Soccer (@BlueHoseFtball) September 5, 2021
Hefley became belief to be as a two-giant title prospect out of Bryant, Ar, before he landed at Michigan. He threw a college-file 46 touchdown passes in excessive college with 2,049 yards passing.
Michigan junior transfer Ren Hefley passed for 538 yards and 10 TDs in Presbyterian’s 84-43 select over St. Andrews. Three Blue Hose QBs combined to dash 47 of 61 for 621 yards and 12 TDs.
Presbyterian did now not punt the ball in coach Kevin Kelley’s debut – something he tries to address some distance from. pic.twitter.com/6xzZSJAY1s
— FCS Soccer (@FCS_STATS) September 4, 2021
Gobluehose.com described the offensive carnage:
– Hefley opened his Blue Hose profession with a PC DI file 10 touchdowns totaling 538 yards. He added a Blue Hose DI file 38 completions on the afternoon.
– Hefley performed second in the Presbyterian DI file e book with 538 passing yards as he became second only to Tim Webb who totaled 648 correct through a 2007 game towards North Greenville.
– Hefley also situation an FCS file with his 10 passing rankings.
– The Blue Hose offense accounted for 12 passing touchdowns, 814 yards of offense, and 84 capabilities all being Blue Hose DI program records on Saturday.
– The 621 total passing yards by the Blue Hose is second-most as a bunch in the DI technology as 648 is the benchmark towards North Greenville.
– The Blue Hose 56 capabilities in the opening half of is the most that Presbyterian has recorded in a DI contest and the 84 total shall be a DI program file.
– Tyler Huff added a 7-for-9 passing line with a pair of passing rankings and also added a receiving catch.
The AP chronicled the FCS records:
The Blue Hose, who moved as a lot as Division I play in 2007, also had two TD passes from backup QB Tyler Huff, breaking the file for most touchdowns by a bunch (11), situation by David Klingler and the Houston Cougars in a select over Eastern Washington in 1990. Hefley broke the FCS file of nine, situation by Mississippi Valley Exclaim’s Willie Totten — who teamed up with broad receiver Jerry Rice to form the Satellite tv for computer Explicit — in 1984. The file became tied by Portland Exclaim QB Drew Hubel in 2007.
And the closing indignity in direction of Michigan:
Michigan QBs had 9 total passing TDs closing season, all of the season. Ren Hefley transferred from Michigan to Presbyterian, and his 10 passing TDs this day every situation a single game FCS file and exceeded this price.
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) September 5, 2021