With minor league baseball shuttered for all of 2020, many of the game’s emerging stars had no platform to prove their abilities.
That would possibly per chance alternate in 2021, as work done within the anonymity of alternate coaching internet sites and academic leagues will result in an inflow of most recent skill one day of Main League Baseball.
And over but again, USA TODAY Sports’ 100 Names You Need To Know goals to buy the brand new skill that can most affect 2021.
This listing doesn’t atrocious the extinguish prospects within the game, but moderately these whose pedigree and differ of opportunity give them the finest probability to component into the upcoming season. A high prospect buried deep on this listing would be heading it up in 2022.
With the pandemic-driven season affecting player utilization the least bit levels, we adjusted our eligibility accordingly: Any player with lower than 100 plate appearances or 40 innings pitched on the substantial-league stage was as soon as eligible, so prolonged as they had lower than a year of carrier time.
Gamers are ranked in define of their anticipated affect this season.
Participant capsules written by Scott Boeck, Stephen Borelli, Chris Bumbaca, Steve Gardner, Gabe Lacques and Jesse Yomtov.
1. OF Randy Arozarena, Rays: The breakout superstar of closing year’s postseason, he’s going to enter the 2021 season smack dab for the duration of the highlight. Such is life as soon as you space the all-time playoff dwelling scamper document (10) whereas batting .377 and main your crew to a pennant. In actual fact, Arozarena practically had extra plate appearances real through closing season’s playoffs (86) than traditional-season plate appearances in 2019-20 combined (99). He’ll be 26 when the season begins and would possibly per chance merely see extra of an everyday feature in his first full MLB advertising and marketing campaign.
2. RHP Ian Anderson, Braves: The No. 3 capture within the 2016 draft no longer most efficient made his MLB debut in 2020, he was as soon as one of baseball’s high pitchers in September and October. He started six traditional-season video games and went 3-2 with a 1.95 ERA over 32 ⅓ innings. In four postseason begins, he went 2-0 and most efficient allowed two earned runs over 18 ⅔ innings. Coming into 2021, the 22-year-feeble is projected to be the No. 3 starter and most likely the prolonged scamper ace.
3. 3B Ke’Bryan Hayes, Pirates: Hayes’ stellar repute on protection preceded him to the important thing leagues, but his bat if truth be told grew to was heads real through his 24-sport debut with the Pirates. The son of feeble MLB third baseman Charlie Hayes homered in his first sport and posted a lovely .376/.442/.682 slice line in 95 plate appearances. A .450 batting average on balls in play received’t closing over a full season, but Hayes, 24, has the total instruments to buy down an everyday job.
4. RHP Sixto Sanchez, Marlins: The 22-year-feeble made a splashy debut for the Marlins closing season, going 3-2 with a 3.46 ERA over seven begins. He also struck out 39 over 33 traditional-season innings and made two begins within the Marlins’ first time out to the playoffs since 2003. He throws within the excessive- to mid-90s with a great alternate-up and would possibly per chance merely originate the season within the middle or support of the rotation.
5. OF Cristian Pache, Braves: Pache, 22, is anticipated to be one basically the most tantalizing defensive gamers within the league with a plus arm. Within the postseason, he offered a look of what to appear forward to. He grew to was the seventh main league player to hit his first dwelling scamper within the playoffs and showcased his defensive abilities in heart subject. Survey Pache to ruin camp with the club and be the gap-day heart fielder.
6. OF Alex Kirilloff, Twins: After Kirilloff spent the season at Minnesota’s alternate space, the Twins tossed him into the playoff fire, making his main league debut in Game 2 of the wild-card sequence. Now, at 23, he is frequently the Twins’ full-time left fielder and lift quick 25-homer capability, culminating a true upward thrust during the minors since he was as soon as picked 15th total in 2016.
7. RHP Triston McKenzie, Cleveland: One of the up-to-date in a by no manner-ending string of pitching success reviews in Cleveland, the rail-thin McKenzie, 23, made his debut in August and posted a 3.68 ERA in six begins. He also can merely nonetheless be firmly ensconced within the rotation and carries substantial upside, having punched out a batter per inning at virtually each and each reside, in conjunction with 42 in 33 ⅓ innings in 2020.
8. LHP Kwang Hyun Kim, Cardinals: Arriving as one of Korea’s high starting up pitchers, Kim was as soon as thrust into the intelligent feature of closer to originate the season. Nevertheless, he joined the rotation after the COVID-19 hiatus and was as soon as extremely efficient, ending with a 3-0 document and 1.62 ERA in 39 innings. Kim, 32, doesn’t obtain many strikeouts (5.5 Ok/9), but he figures to be the Cards’ No. 2 starter coming into spring coaching.
9. 1B Bobby Dalbec, Red Sox: As a minor leaguer, Dalbec demonstrated his prolific energy, slugging 59 dwelling runs between 2018-19 whereas striking out practically 30% of the time. Both of these tendencies converted to his main league debut in 2020, when he homered eight times in 92 plate appearances and whiffed 39 times with 10 walks. The 25-year-feeble can play first and third bad, affording the Red Sox some positional flexibility by arrive of inserting his bat within the lineup.
10. RHP Nate Pearson, Blue Jays: Without complications one of the game’s most promising younger palms, Pearson – 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds — needs to reside healthy to be triumphant in his most capability. He had injurious excellent fortune within the minors and after debuting closing season he left out five weeks with a flexor stress in his stunning elbow, which held him to five video games and 18 innings. The Blue Jays having the exhausting-throwing 24-year-feeble blossom in 2021 would attain wonders for his or her postseason prospects.
11.RHP Spencer Howard, Phillies: The Phillies’ high pitching prospect, 24, has showcased a fastball and slider and reached the important thing leagues for six begins closing season. He has handled shoulder injuries, alternatively, the closing two seasons and was as soon as shut down after a Sept. 12 originate with stiffness. He has an opportunity to be an affect pitcher within the rotation this season but the crew will video display his health first and would possibly per chance most likely set apart an innings restrict on him.
12. IF Ha-seong Kim, Padres: Kim, 25, was as soon as one of the extra beautiful global free agents this offseason. The versatile infielder from the Korea Baseball Organization will likely play second bad or as an assuredly-used beautiful-utility player. Since 2019, he slashed .307/.393/.500 with 49 dwelling runs and 56 stolen bases. He also received two KBO Gold Glove Awards at shortstop in 2018 and 2019.
13. RHP Kyle Wright, Mettlesomes: Wright, 25, started eight video games closing season and posted a 5.21 ERA. While he has struggled through rising grief, the Braves nonetheless take into consideration he would possibly per chance most likely maintain a excellent season.
14. OF Jarred Kelenic, Mariners: Kelenic, 21, is probably going one of the extinguish prospects in baseball. An delivery stance and easy actions to the hitting positions enable him to quick barrel baseballs with a transient greater-lower stroke. Plus energy plays in-sport and would possibly per chance merely be a weapon early on. He hasn’t done above Class AA but has an invite to spring coaching and, with persisted enchancment, has an opportunity to be triumphant within the majors by the summer season.
15.LHP Keegan Akin, Orioles: He received’t ruin the radar gun but Akin showed in six main league begins that his ability to alternate speeds and detect must purchase him in Baltimore. Akin, 25, struck out 35 in 25 ⅔ innings with the Orioles. And whereas he’s no longer basically the most vaunted of their many pitching prospects, his “pitchability” also must purchase him within the support of their rotation awhile.
16. C Ryan Jeffers, Twins: As Mitch Garver regressed from 34 dwelling runs to a .167/.247/.264 slice line, Jeffers capitalized, debuting on Aug. 20 and posting a .355 OBP in 26 video games and getting two playoff begins. At worst, Jeffers, 23, will share time with Garver.
17. RHP Dane Dunning, Rangers: Obtained within the Lance Lynn address the White Sox in December, Dunning, 26, is liable to personal a rotation predicament in Texas. He showed supreme define within the minors, as effectively as an ability to buy the ball on the bottom. In seven begins with the White Sox closing year, he had a 3.97 ERA, struck out 35 and walked 13 in 34 innings and acquired a style of the postseason.
18. RHP Deivi Garcia, Yankees: The Yankees added Corey Kluber and JamesonTaillon this offseason but otherwise didn’t attain noteworthy to address the starting up rotation. May well it be due to Unique York’s confidence on this small (5-foot-9) but promising 21-year-feeble? He started the 2019 MLB Futures Game and went 3-2 with 33 strikeouts over 34 ⅓ innings as a starter in 2020. He depends on a fastball that averages 92 mph, with a alternate-up, curveball and slider combine.
19. RHP Michael Kopech, White Sox: Kopech, 24, debuted in 2018 but has weathered Tommy John surgical operation and opting out of the 2020 season since. With Dylan Discontinuance and Carlos Rodon unhurried the rotation, the White Sox would possibly per chance most likely conceivably look to Kopech rapidly supplied he’s healthy and drawing shut the construct that noticed him punch out practically 12 batters per 9 innings in his minor league career.
20. C Alejandro Kirk, Blue Jays: Sooner than 2020, Kirk had by no manner done above the Class A Evolved stage, but the 5-foot-8, 265-pound backstop had a a success debut stint (25 plate appearances) closing season. He hit a dwelling scamper and went 9-for-24 with four runs scored. The Jays maintain a catcher in Danny Jansen, but Kirk provides one more depth option with the probability for extra playing time.
21. LHP Garrett Crochet, White Sox: Crochet, 21, zoomed from 11th total capture closing June to the White Sox bullpen attain September, punching out eight batters in six innings but leaving a playoff appearance with forearm tightness. Though starting up would be in his future, he also can merely nonetheless be an quick staple within the White Sox bullpen, where his 100-mph fastball and efficient slider would possibly per chance most likely predicament him in a Josh Hader-form feature.
22. LHP Trevor Rogers, Marlins: He zoomed from excessive college to a critical league debut in three years and now Rogers, 23, also can merely ruin camp with a permanent predicament within the Marlins rotation. While he was as soon as hit exhausting in seven substantial-league begins, his superior buy a watch on – a minor league strikeout-stroll ratio of three.92 – construct him a less buzzy but potentially true support-extinguish rotation option.
23. RHP Kohei Arihara, Rangers: Opportunity and sturdiness set apart the 28-year-feeble squarely on the listing. Texas expects him to tumble into the middle of a younger rotation that can lean on his ability to pitch various innings. He threw 132 ⅔ closing season (practically 50 extra than any main leaguer threw) for the Nippon Ham Warring parties. He has a 3.65 career ERA with 6.8 strikeouts/9 innings in six seasons but over the closing three his numbers are 3.32 and 7.9.
24. LHP Shane McClanahan, Rays: The Mets drafted him out of excessive college but he attended the College of South Florida. The Rays saved him nearby making him a 2018 first-rounder, and he rose to Class AA in 2019. The southpaw had the excellence of debuting real during the 2020 playoffs and topped out at 101.2 mph real through his four relief appearances. McClanahan, 23, misplaced his freshman year of faculty to Tommy John surgical operation.
25. RHP Wil Crowe, Pirates: Obtained from Washington within the trade for oldschool first baseman Josh Bell, Crowe was as soon as a second-spherical capture by the Nationals within the 2017 draft. At 6-foot-2 and 228 pounds, he has the manufacture of a workhorse starter, which he perceived to be in making 27 minor league begins in 2019. Nevertheless, he wasn’t moderately prepared for the majors closing season, allowing eight earned runs and 14 hits in 11 ⅓ innings. In Pittsburgh, the 26-year-feeble would possibly per chance most likely maintain an opportunity to personal a predicament at the delivery rotation this spring.
26. RHP Tejay Antone, Reds: Antone pitched effectively as each and each a starter and reliever in 2020, validating his stumble on-opening performance in spring coaching. Armed with a mid-90s fastball, Antone, 27, struck out 45 batters in 35 ⅓ innings (11.5 Ok/9) but by no manner going extra than five innings at a time. He would possibly per chance most likely personal a predicament within the Reds’ Trevor Bauer-less rotation or pitch lots of innings at a day time out of the bullpen.
27. LHP Tarik Skubal, Tigers: Skubal emerged on the front of a deep class of starting up pitchers and debuted closing August but was as soon as hit exhausting (9 dwelling runs in 32 innings) in a seven-originate cameo. Serene, the 24-year-feeble left out lots of bats (37 strikeouts) and per chance extra critical came one day of lots to work on amongst his secondary pitches, which also can merely nonetheless bode effectively for a full-season 2021 advertising and marketing campaign.
28. LHP Adrian Morejon, Padres: Morejon, 21 on Feb. 27, has gotten a style of the substantial leagues in each and each of the closing two seasons, but to exiguous fanfare. But in two appearances within the 2020 NL wild-card sequence, he showed signs of why he is so highly coveted. Morejon defected from Cuba in 2015 and signed with the Padres for $11 million in July 2016. He brings a tune document of success as an amateur in Cuba to the stateside.
29. RHP Luis Patino, Rays: Patino had approved himself in a talented and deep Padres plan earlier than 2020 and made 11 appearances. Noting the little sample measurement (17 ⅓ innings) also can merely nonetheless accompany any mention of the stats (5.19 ERA, 7.3 BB/9) he posted, as effectively as to the real fact he was as soon as 20. He’s consistently been the youngest player at each and each reside real through his upward thrust to the majors. Plus, he showed sufficient capability to be the important thing share of the return the Rays bought within the Blake Snell trade, even supposing some are enthusiastic he would be a bullpen arm future.
30. SS Jazz Chisholm, Marlins: Chisolm debuted closing September and, whereas franchise linchpin Miguel Rojas nonetheless holds down the shortstop job in Miami, the club would possibly per chance most likely rapidly summon Chisholm to add louder instruments to its middle-infield combine. These instruments impressed the club to trade true starter Zac Gallen to Arizona for Chisholm, 23, whose Achilles’ heel stays strikeouts (149 and 147 in 2018 and ’19, respectively).
31. RHP Clarke Schmidt, Yankees: A 2017 first-spherical capture the Yankees selected after he had Tommy John surgical operation, Schmidt didn’t if truth be told obtain going within the minors till 2019. He wished 114 innings within the minors to be triumphant within the majors, which he did in 2020. Schmidt concepts each and each a energy curve and two forms of fastballs, as effectively as to a alternate-up. May well he employ income of the Yankees’ unsure pitching disaster?
32. RHP Casey Mize, Tigers: Mize’s noteworthy-anticipated main league debut got right here stunning two years and two months after he was as soon as the No. 1 capture within the 2018 draft. His 6.99 ERA in a seven-originate cameo showed there’s nonetheless a exiguous bit arrive to head. Mize, 23, also can merely nonetheless return to Detroit this summer season, supplied the define points that dogged him closing year certain up.
33. INF Lop Allen, Athletics: Oakland’s trade for Elvis Andrus filled the Marcus Semien-sized gap at shortstop for the subsequent two years but Allen would possibly per chance most likely obtain an opportunity at second bad one day this season. The 22-year-feeble is a gifted defender but the organization would possibly per chance most likely maintain to appear his bat employ up this year.
34. 3B Wyatt Mathisen, Diamondbacks: Mathisen, a second-spherical capture of the Pirates in 2012, logged 649 minor league video games earlier than he made his substantial-league debut closing season. He space career highs in dwelling runs (23) and RBI (61) in precisely 87 video games within the Pacific Flit League in 2019. He’ll maintain to rate himself faraway from the hitter-friendly league, even supposing, and his key to finding playing time in Arizona will be his versatility. Mathisen, 27, can play first, second and third bad.
35.INF/OF Zach McKinstry, Dodgers: The 25-year-feeble reached the majors in 2020 and would possibly per chance most likely compete for a bench predicament in 2021. Most of his journey is at second, third and shortstop but McKinstry has gotten reps within the outfield. With Corey Seager a free agent after this season, the Dodgers wish to appear what they maintain in McKinstry, a 2016 33rd-spherical capture.
36.RHP Adbert Alzolay, Cubs: At one point, Alzolay was as soon as the Cubs’ high pitching prospect, but he hasn’t been able to stay within the majors despite cups of coffee in 2019 and 2020. He showed signs of enchancment closing season, striking out 29 batters in 21 ⅓ innings and pitching to a 2.95 ERA. With stunning a small enchancment in his buy a watch on (5.5 BB/9), this would be the year Alzolay, 25, sticks within the rotation.
37. C Tyler Stephenson, Reds: Stephenson has battled injuries ever since being selected 11th total within the 2015 draft, but he has above-average abilities, each and each offensively and defensively. He homered in his first main league at-bat but spent many of the 2020 season on the Reds’ alternate coaching space. Returning in September, the 24-year-feeble displayed stunning plate discipline in little action. He would possibly per chance most likely overtake Tucker Barnhart one day this season as the Reds’ No. 1 catcher.
38. RHP Logan Gilbert, Mariners: Drafted 14th total in 2018 out of Stetson College, Gilbert, 23, has dominated the minors, going 10-5 with a 2.13 ERA in 26 begins, in conjunction with a formidable scamper in Class AA in 2019. Gilbert, who is 6-foot-6, has showcased four pitches within the minor leagues. He’s invited to spring coaching and is liable to be section of Seattle’s rotation rapidly if he cruises through Class AAA.
39. RHP Jonathan Stiever, White Sox: He rocketed from fifth-spherical capture in 2018 to a critical league debut in 2020 and now Stiever, 23, has an opportunity to resolve within the White Sox’s 2021 rotation plans. While he lacks the electrical fastball of Michael Kopech, Stiever would possibly per chance most likely was a middle-rotation staple rapidly.
40. LHP Brailyn Marquez, Cubs: Marquez would likely maintain benefited greatly had the minor leagues done closing season. After ending 2019 at excessive-Class A, he bought the call to the majors on the finest day of the humble season and it did no longer scurry effectively. Nevertheless, the lanky left-hander gets lots of swings and misses on his greater-90s fastball. Marquez, 22, will likely originate 2021 within the minors but would possibly per chance most likely construct an affect with Chicago within the second half of if his secondary pitches continue to toughen.
41. C Andrew Knizner, Cardinals: Knizner, 26, would had been noteworthy increased on this listing had the Cardinals no longer re-signed Yadier Molina this winter. He has shown true plate discipline and first rate energy within the minors (.303/.369/.461 over four seasons). With out an exact opponents looming, the No. 2 catcher’s feature appears to be to be his.
42. RHP Daulton Jefferies, Athletics: The 25-year-feeble reached the majors (for one originate) in 2020 but will likely originate the season in Class AAA. A prime-spherical capture in 2017, Jefferies struck out 121 with stunning 12 walks in 99 ⅓ innings within the minors and will be support within the bigs sooner as an different of later with an opportunity to construct a case for a predicament within the rotation.
43. RHP Josiah Grey, Dodgers: Obtained in a 2018 trade with the Reds, Grey dazzled at three levels in 2019, posting a 2.28 ERA with 147 strikeouts in 130 innings. The Dodgers maintain a ton of depth within the rotation, so there’s no maintain to skedaddle the 22-year-feeble who has by no manner pitched above Class AA. But given the Dodgers’ most recent ancient previous, don’t be bowled over if Grey gets an opportunity within the majors later within the season.
44. OF Daniel Johnson, Cleveland: Opportunity abounds within the intervening time in Cleveland, where Johnson, 25, also can merely nonetheless obtain a excellent runway to buy down the beautiful subject job. Obtained from Washington in a deal for Yan Gomes, Johnson has flashed appealing bursts of scurry (two 22-cast off seasons within the minors) and energy (19 homers in 123 video games in 2019), culminating in a 12-at-bat main league debut closing year.
45. RHP Corbin Martin, Diamondbacks: Martin, a second-spherical draft capture in 2017, has most efficient five substantial-league begins, going 1-1 with a 5.59 ERA. Nevertheless, there would be extra opportunities if these projected to be on the support extinguish of the rotation – corresponding to righty Luke Weaver (1-9, 6.58 ERA in 12 video games) – battle. Martin is 11-4 with a 2.58 ERA in 44 minor league video games (33 begins). The 6-foot-2, 228-pounder is probably going the important thing call-up for rotation wants.
46. RHP Michael King, Yankees: He quietly rose during the plan as a 12th-spherical capture of Boston College and made his debut (one day time out, two innings) in 2019 earlier than the Yankees used him in 9 video games (four begins) in 2020. He did no longer fare effectively (7.76 ERA in 26 ⅔ innings) but struck out 26 batters. King has a formidable minor league résumé, and he has an delivery air probability of cracking a Yankees rotation that can enter spring coaching with lots of quiz marks.
47. SS Jose Garcia, Reds: Garcia, 22, appears to be very noteworthy just like the Reds’ shortstop of the prolonged scamper. The topic is, they don’t appear to maintain their shortstop of the display. Judging from his .194 average with out a extra-bad hits in 68 plate appearances with Cincinnati closing season, Garcia isn’t moderately prepared to construct the leap from excessive A, where he closing done in 2019. Nevertheless, he would be support within the majors sooner as an different of later if other alternatives don’t materialize.
48. LHP Matthew Liberatore, Cardinals: It’s arrive too rapidly to command the Cardinals bought the short extinguish of the trade that sent Arozarena to Tampa Bay, but it is going to appear that arrive no longer lower than till Liberatore, 21, makes his MLB debut. The 2018 first-spherical capture also can merely no longer be too a long way off after a formidable displaying closing year on the crew’s alternate camp. A capability No. 2 starter, he’ll likely originate the season within the minors.
49. RHP Dean Kremer, Orioles: Kremer, 25, has came one day of velocity, turning the as soon as jack-of-many-trades form projection into a true mid-rotation projection. Kremer’s most efficient pitch is a dumb-utilizing, 93-96 mph four-seam fastball that stays above a hitter’s swing airplane. He made four begins for the Orioles in 2020, going 1-1 with a 4.82 ERA and striking out 22 in 18 ⅔ innings. He also walked 12 but averaged 3.1 walks per 9 innings within the minors.
50. 3B Nolan Jones, Cleveland: The club’s high predicament-player prospect, Jones, 22, can maintain ample money to quiet out his offensive edges whereas Jose Ramirez holds down third bad. Within the extinguish, Jones’ predicament will be “hitter” – and he also can merely nonetheless power his arrive to Cleveland this year, in spite of positional need.
51. RHP Bryan Abreu, Astros: One of many crew’s high prospects finds himself amongst of combine of pitchers who would possibly per chance most likely command a rotation predicament or no longer lower than play a component within the rotation one day this season. Abreu, 23, has struck out 15 (but walked 10) over 12 substantial-league innings. He has struck out 11.5 hitters/9 innings over six minor league seasons but walked 5.5. He’ll maintain to present an clarification for his electrical stuff within the substantial leagues.
52. RHP Matt Manning, Tigers: The 6-foot-6 feeble hoops superstar posted a 0.98 WHIP over 24 Class AA begins in 2019. Now 23, Manning is nonetheless a exiguous bit raw but a long way sufficient along that a 2021 debut is with out disaster nearby.
53. OF Jared Oliva, Pirates: The speedy heart fielder, 25, already has a pair of 30-cast off seasons within the minors. He swiped his first bad within the majors real through a six-sport cameo closing September, in which he went 3-for-16 (.188). With the Pirates fully rebuilding, there would be a predicament for Oliva to originate the season in Pittsburgh.
54. 3B Colton Welker, Rockies: The Nolan Arenado trade to the Rockies expedites Welker’s ascension to third bad in Colorado. There aren’t any candidates on the 40-man roster who look as within the occasion that they would possibly be able to employ the substantial-league job and scamper with it, which manner Welker, who didn’t play any legitimate innings closing season, is probably going a solid originate in Class AAA faraway from a promotion. He has a .833 OPS over 330 minor league video games but hasn’t reached AAA but.
55. LHP MacKenzie Gore, Padres: While feeble Cy Young Award winners Yu Darvish and Blake Snell maintain garnered the total consideration this winter, the Padres are nonetheless banking on Gore to be a front-line starter. Gore, who will be 22 by opening day, is considered one of the extinguish left-handed prospects within the game and has drawn comparisons to Clayton Kershaw due to his delivery. The Padres maintain the plush no longer to skedaddle him to the substantial leagues.
56. 3B Nolan Gorman, Cardinals: Gorman, 20, is probably going one of the Cardinals’ high prospects but he finds himself blocked on the brand new corner following the blockbuster acquisition of Nolan Arenado. The 19th total capture within the 2018 draft, Gorman has excessive raw energy and will likely power himself onto the substantial-league roster one day within the subsequent year or two. He’ll obtain reps at second bad and the outfield this spring to construct bigger his versatility.
57. OF Monte Harrison, Marlins: Tempo and an ability to play all three outfield positions set apart Harrison, 25, within the combine for substantial-league playing time one day this season. Harrison done in 32 video games closing season in a section-time feature for Miami, stealing six bases in six potentialities. He also pinch-ran twice and stole a bad within the playoffs. He has stolen 138 bases in 520 minor league video games.
58. RHP Bryse Wilson, Braves: Wilson, 23, has dabbled within the substantial leagues in each and each of the closing three seasons, pitching in no extra than 20 innings in any year, and silent 42 ⅔ innings for a 5.91 ERA. In Game 4 of the NLCS, he went toe-to-toe in opposition to Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers and outpitched the prolonged scamper Hall of Famer over six innings, allowing most efficient one scamper and one hit.
59. C Sam Huff, Rangers: He’s one of the crew’s high prospects who hasn’t done above excessive-A ball. Serene, Huff had an explosive MLB debut in September, hitting .355 with three doubles and three dwelling runs in 33 plate appearances. He’ll be competing with Jose Trevino and Jonah Heim, neither of whom has noteworthy extra substantial-league journey than Huff. The 23-year-feeble hit 28 homers within the minors in 2019. He’ll be capable of hit his arrive onto the substantial-league roster.
60. RHP Luis Garcia, Astros: Garcia, 24, reached the important thing leagues in 2020, making a originate within the humble season and pitching within the ALCS. He’ll obtain a test up on for the rotation but would be used as a predicament starter and prolonged reliever. He’s a excessive-velocity man who started an ALCS sport as an opener.
61. OF Trevor Larnach, Twins: There’s no quick predicament for Larnach within the Twins lineup, but the ever-ingenious club would possibly per chance most likely obtain a arrive to work his various offensive skill space into their dumb-season alignment. If Larnach, 23, can lower down his strikeouts (124 in 127 minor league video games in 2019), he would possibly per chance most likely add one more left-handed on-bad machine to the combine.
62. INF Edmundo Sosa, Cardinals: Sosa had transient stints within the majors in 2018 and 2019 but didn’t see any sport action closing year as one of lots of Cardinals who spent time on the COVID-19 injured listing. He can play second, third and short – and he has first rate pop for a middle infielder. At age 24, Sosa would possibly per chance most likely employ over the Cards’ utility man feature this season with Tommy Edman liable to be the everyday second baseman.
63. C Luis Campusano, Padres: Campusano, 22, is the No. 2-ranked catching prospect unhurried Orioles backstop Adley Rutschman, in step with Baseball The United States. He made his MLB debut in September 2020 and homered in his most efficient sport earlier than touchdown on the injured listing. Within the offseason, he ran into grief and was as soon as arrested for prison marijuana possession.
64. LHP AJ Puk, Athletics: The 25-year-feeble left out the 2018 season after Tommy John elbow surgical operation but got right here support 15 months later to construct his substantial-league debut in 2019 and obtain some hype going, most efficient to circulate over the 2020 season due to shoulder soreness and finally surgical operation. Anticipated to be prepared for spring coaching, Puk would possibly per chance most likely compete for a predicament within the rotation, but there’s no motive for the club to skedaddle him support into things. He’s also a flexible weapon out of the bullpen.
65. RHP Kyle Cody, Rangers: He’s 6-foot-7 and, despite no longer pitching in a legitimate sport following 2018 Tommy John surgical operation, reached the important thing leagues in 2020 and pitched in eight video games (five begins). He struck out 18 and had a 1.59 ERA over 22 ⅔ innings. If he can natty up his 13 walks, Cody, 26, has the instruments to was section of a younger substantial-league rotation.
66. SS Oneil Cruz, Pirates: One of many tallest gamers ever to play shortstop, the 6-foot-7 Cruz reached Class AA in 2019, hitting .298/.356/.475 over three levels. Nevertheless, his disaster is clouded by his involvement in a fatal online page visitors accident within the Dominican Republic in September. The Pirates quiz Cruz, 22, to be a full participant at spring coaching.
67. LHP Daniel Lynch, Royals: The Royals’ high pitching prospect, Lynch, 24, stands prepared to construct it to Kauffman Stadium also can merely nonetheless any of the club’s extra established younger palms falter. Lynch was as soon as the 34th total capture within the 2018 draft out of Virginia and benefited from a stint amongst extra evolved gamers on the club’s alternate space closing summer season.
68. RHP Tyler Ivey, Astros: Ivey, 24, is amongst a scrum of mid-20s taking a test up on to be triumphant within the important thing leagues in 2021. He can throw within the mid-90s but the pitch that also can merely support him stick within the majors is his substantial curve. He nonetheless needs to rate himself in Class AAA.
69. OF Brandon Marsh, Angels: The crew’s outfield is full and Marsh is unhurried Jo Adell (expected to originate in Class AAA) within the pecking define, so there’s no certain course to substantial-league at-bats stunning now for the 23-year-feeble. Marsh has by no manner done above Class AA so the Angels would possibly per chance most likely maintain to present him overtime to grow – but a dumb-season call-up isn’t out of the quiz.
70. INF Jeter Downs, Red Sox: Once a Reds and Dodgers prospect who was as soon as dealt to Boston within the Mookie Betts trade, Downs reached Class AA in 2019 whereas nonetheless in LA’s plan. He hit 37 dwelling runs between his first two full seasons within the minors (2018-19) and was as soon as a non-roster camp invitee earlier than the shutdown in 2020.
71. OF Taylor Trammell, Mariners: A prime-spherical capture by the Reds in 2016, Trammell, 23, has remained a prospect as he has been dealt to the Padres and Mariners. He has energy and scurry and has done all three outfield positions. He was as soon as closing viewed playing professionally in Class AA in 2019, so he’ll likely originate in Class AAA but would be in Seattle quick if he continues to produce.
72. RHP Edward Cabrera, Marlins: Cabrera struck out practically 11 batters per 9 innings in two 2019 minor league begins and finally would possibly per chance most likely join Sixto Sanchez atop Miami’s rotation. Given the need for extra support in substantial-league rotations this year, Cabrera, 22, also can merely nonetheless kick down the door to the substantial leagues quick in 2021.
73. OF Yusniel Diaz, Orioles: It was as soon as a gradual-weight surprise Diaz was as soon as no longer summoned to the majors closing season, but his 2021 debut also can merely nonetheless attain one day within the important thing half of. Diaz, 25, was as soon as the heart piece of the 2018 Manny Machado trade with the Dodgers and has 20-plus homer capability at Camden Yards. For now, he’s unhurried Ryan Mountcastle and others, but the club will surely maintain to present him a prolonged look this year.
74. 2B/OF Jahmai Jones, Orioles: Obtained from the Angels in February, Jones straight grew to was one of Baltimore’s high prospects. The 23-year-feeble reached the majors in 2020 and is liable to be support in early in 2021 with a solid displaying early in Class AAA. Yolmer Sanchez is the Orioles’ presumed second baseman heading into spring coaching.
75. SS Plug Franco, Rays: Franco, who turns 20 on March 1, is widely regarded as the extinguish prospect in baseball. He’s anticipated to construct his main league debut this season, but the timing stays unsure. The switch-hitting shortstop has raked at each and each stage. Can that tune document translate within the bigs? More critical: How early within the year will the Rays let him strive?
76. RHP Forrest Whitley, Astros: Whitley, 23, was as soon as expected to construct his MLB debut as a reliever closing season, but a forearm hurt introduced on him to circulate over the season. Stuff has by no manner been an disaster with Whitley. The famous-rounder in 2016 concepts a double-plus fastball and alternate-up. His curveball and slider each and each flash plus capability. Unfortunately, struggles with consistency and health complications maintain introduced on his upside to be doubted. He’ll maintain to rate himself within the minors first.
77. RHP Jhoan Duran, Twins: He would be Brusdar Graterol 2.0: A huge (6-foot-5, 230-pound) stunning-hander with rotation capability but would possibly per chance most likely arrive sooner to spice up the bullpen. Duran, 23, struck out practically 11 batters per 9 innings within the minors in 2019 for a bigger than a 3-1 strikeout/stroll ratio. Decide to appear him at Purpose Enviornment one day in 2021.
78. OF Jarren Duran, Red Sox: Over the important thing 50 video games of 2019, Duran hit .387 within the Carolina League earlier than advancing to Class AA, where his bat cooled off. What didn’t was as soon as his scurry. He swiped 28 bags on 36 attempts. Moreover, he was as soon as a Caribbean Series All-Famous person for Crew Puerto Rico this previous offseason.
79. LHP Asa Lacy, Royals: Like Daniel Lynch, Lacy, 21, is a non-roster invitee to spring coaching whose true potentialities at a 2021 debut would possibly per chance most likely be even stronger had there been a minor league season in 2020. Lacy, drafted fourth total in June, he has but to pitch in a legitimate sport but emerged from Texas A&M a largely executed product. Likely a bigger component in 2022, but rate tracking this year.
80. OF Drew Waters, Braves: Waters, 22, has drawn comparisons to Braves icon and Hall of Famer Chipper Jones. While these are lofty projections, he does maintain above-average energy from both aspect of the plate, which Jones had. The Braves’ outfield would possibly per chance most likely was crowded finally if he makes the same strides as Cristian Pache to the majors.
81. RHP Adonis Medina, Phillies: After reaching the majors in 2020, the 24-year-feeble also can merely nonetheless be within the combine for the fifth starter job but will likely originate the season in Class AAA. He’ll be support up one day and is liable to be within the rotation by the extinguish of the season.
82. C Rafael Marchan, Phillies: Marchan made headlines closing year when his first pro dwelling scamper got right here within the majors – after 850 plate appearances with out a homer within the minors. With J.T. Realmuto support, Marchan isn’t going to be a conventional any time rapidly. But with a .285 career average within the minors, he would possibly per chance most likely make contributions off the bench.
83. RHP Johan Oviedo, Cardinals: Oveido, 22, made five begins for the Cardinals closing year with a moderately unimpressive 5.47 ERA. Nevertheless, he did designate teammates with his four-pitch combine – featuring an greater 90s fastball – and his confidence on the mound. The 6-foot-5 righty earned a predicament on the postseason roster and will deserve to maintain a predicament in both the rotation or the bullpen in 2021.
84. OF Heliot Ramos, Giants: The 21-year-feeble’s energy has developed effectively since he was as soon as drafted 19th total in 2017. And whereas he’s mostly done heart, he initiatives as extra of a corner outfielder. Ramos will likely originate the season in Class AAA and would possibly per chance merely no longer construct his substantial-league debut till 2022. Serene, he’s one of the Giants’ high prospects.
85. C Keibert Ruiz, Dodgers: One of many Dodgers’ high prospects for years now, the 22-year-feeble reached the majors in 2020 but will most likely originate the brand new season within the minors, unhurried Will Smith and Austin Barnes on the organization’s depth chart. A switch-hitter, Ruiz has extra energy from the left aspect and would possibly per chance most likely obtain his arrive into matchup-based playing time in 2021.
86. LHP Anthony Kay, Blue Jays: The Mets included Kay within the equipment for Marcus Stroman in 2019, and he broke into the substantial leagues with the Blue Jays that September. Toronto used him as a reliever in 2020, and he posted a 5.14 ERA in 21 innings one day of 13 appearances with 14 walks and 22 strikeouts. There’s an opportunity he can crack the starting up rotation in 2021, but he’ll likely remain within the bullpen.
87. SS Royce Lewis, Twins: He’s nonetheless their shortstop of the prolonged scamper, but Lewis, 21 and the No. 1 total capture in 2017, also can merely obtain to Minneapolis this year purely on athleticism. His energy-scurry combo and skill to play wherever for the duration of the subject would possibly per chance most likely rate an irresistible asset if the Twins construct one more expected scamper into the playoffs.
88. LHP Seth Romero, Nationals: A prime-spherical capture in 2017, Romero left out all of 2019 following Tommy John surgical operation but impressed the club sufficient that he made his substantial-league debut dumb in 2020. He’s unhurried a few others (like Erick Fedde) on the depth chart but additionally can merely nonetheless be support within the majors one day this season and would possibly per chance most likely construct an affect as a starter or reliever.
89. 1B Andrew Vaughn, White Sox: Arguably baseball’s high first-bad prospect, Vaughn has stunning 245 legitimate plate appearances but would possibly per chance most likely resolve within the White Sox’s 2021 plans alternatively. The third total capture in 2019, Vaughn, 22, is an evolved hitter who will finally supplant Jose Abreu at the delivery bad but extra straight would possibly per chance provide pop if there’s any regression amongst the White Sox’s younger hitters.
90. LHP Kyle Muller, Braves: Muller, 23, is listed at 6-foot-7 and 250 pounds. He spent closing season on the Braves’ alternate coaching space, with his fastball ranging between 95-97 mph. He was as soon as drafted out of excessive college in Texas and was as soon as named the Gatorade National Participant of the Year.
91. OF Jesus Sanchez, Marlins: Sanchez, 23, reached Miami closing season and hit most efficient .040 in 10 video games. Endurance on the plate has been an disaster but Sanchez hit for energy and average within the lower minors and plays stunning protection. Serene a excellent prospect, he’ll maintain an opportunity to personal playing time for the Marlins one day this season.
92. C Adley Rutschman, Orioles: The No. 1 total capture in 2019, the 23-year-feeble has most efficient done 37 legitimate video games but he also can merely nonetheless be on the fleet tune to Baltimore. He’s identified for his plate discipline and skills unhurried the plate, which would per chance most likely land him within the majors by the extinguish of 2021.
93. INF Will Wilson, Giants: The 15th total capture of North Carolina Impart in 2019, Wilson was as soon as traded from the Angels to the Giants months later. He hit .275 in rookie league ball that season and scouts venture him as a 20-homer middle infielder. Wilson also can merely nonetheless originate the season in Class AA.
94. C/1B Miguel Amaya, Cubs: In an organization that lacks catching depth, Amaya, 21, would possibly per chance most likely obtain himself within the majors earlier than expected. The native of Panama is a solid defensive presence unhurried the plate with appealing offensive capability. He has but to face opponents above the excessive-A stage, but the Cubs maintain already added him to their 40-man roster.
95. RHP J.B. Bukauskas, Diamondbacks: Bukauskas, 24, has shown energy stuff within the minors, striking out 189 in 161 ⅔ innings. He hasn’t pitched above AA, where he has struggled, but has the capacity to pitch in Arizona this season.
96. OF DJ Peters, Dodgers: The 6-foot-6 Peters has 92 dwelling runs and a .363 OBP in 455 minor league video games and would possibly per chance most likely ruin camp as a extraordinary stunning-handed bat on the Dodgers bench. The 25-year-feeble has spent most of his pro career in heart but initiatives as a excellent fielder.
97. RHP Franklyn Kilome, Mets: Kilome left out the total 2019 season after having Tommy John surgical operation but recovered to construct his debut closing season, as the beautiful-hander made four relief appearances. His first day time out went effectively – two earned runs, five strikeouts, four innings – but he allowed 12 earned runs over his subsequent three opportunities (9 walks, four homers in 7 ⅓ innings).
98. RHP Simeon Woods Richardson, Blue Jays: Woods Richardson went with Kay to Toronto from the Mets’ plan as the opposite share of the Stroman trade a pair of year after they chose him within the second spherical of the draft. He made 26 begins as an 18-year-feeble in 2019 between Class A and excessive Class A, with 126 whiffs in 106 ⅔ innings. He’ll originate the season within the minors, but when the Blue Jays are short of an arm, they also can merely turn to Woods Richardson – a high-five prospect of their plan who received’t turn 21 till the finest week of the humble season.
99. RHP Jackson Kowar, Royals: Chosen 33rd total in 2018, 15 slots unhurried fellow Royal and Florida Gator Brady Singer and one earlier than Daniel Lynch, the 24-year-feeble Kowar has pitched stunning 74 innings above Class A but doesn’t need noteworthy extra polish earlier than heading to Kansas City. He can obtain outs with his alternate-up, but tightening up other secondary offerings will be paramount earlier than joining all of these other younger palms at Kauffman Stadium.
100. INF Tag Mathias, Brewers: After a true climb during the minors as an infielder, Mathias, 26, made his MLB debut in August, hitting .278 with out a homers in 36 at-bats for Milwaukee, playing virtually exclusively within the outfield. His versatility would possibly per chance most likely construct him a precious bench share in 2021.