Introduction and specs
The cellular gaming segment is rapidly expanding, and nubia is on the forefront. The company has a historic previous of doing things in every other case and has employed the identical approach for its gaming phones. Gleaming noteworthy all of the outdated Red Magic releases had something fresh and thrilling to bring to the desk, and basically the most contemporary Red Magic 6 just isn’t any exception.
This time spherical, on the other hand, there might well be never factual a elaborate built-in fan. Both the Red Magic 6 and the Red Magic 6 Pro are the main phones to originate with a 165Hz show shroud and 500Hz single-finger touch sampling price. We are but to gape how that is affecting battery existence and if gaming above 144Hz is capacity, given how shrimp the support for Android games is above 60fps, to start with. Additionally, the panel has grown in dimension from 6.65″ to 6.8″. In the gaming world, more is often greater.
ZTE nubia Red Magic 6 specs at a gape:
- Body: 169.9×77.2×9.7mm, 220g; Gorilla Glass front, glass again, aluminum body; Rigidity sensitive zones (400Hz touch-sensing), Constructed-in cooling fan.
- Point to: 6.80″ AMOLED, 1B colours, 165Hz, 630 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 387ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Utility: Android 11, Redmagic 4.0.
- Rear digital camera: Huge (predominant): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Extremely large angle: 8 MP, f/2.0, 120˚, 13mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP.
- Entrance digital camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (large), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm.
- Video comprise: Rear digital camera: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; Entrance digital camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5050mAh; Lickety-split charging 66W, Vitality Transport 3.0, Rapid Mark 4.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under show shroud, optical); NFC (world version); 3.5mm jack.
Other gaming-connected capabilities encompass a blazing-fleet 400Hz, stress-sensitive shoulder triggers that be particular games a pride to play. This present implementation improves upon the outdated two generations that had 300Hz triggers.
And in case that’s not passable, nubia will gladly promote you a pair of additional equipment love a gaming adapter for port growth (DisplayPort 1.4 included). The Ice Dock from final year makes a return as a Dual-core Ice Dock that presents some additional cooling capabilities while gaming and in our outdated review of the Red Magic 5S, we came at some stage in it to be dazzling distinguished.
The the leisure of the hardware, though rather extremely effective, fits the commerce’s long-established with a Snapdragon 888 chipset, 8GB/128GB reminiscence configuration as unhealthy and as a lot as 5,050 mAh battery capacity reckoning on which version of the phone you steal. The Pro mannequin comes with a smaller 4,500 mAh unit as it trades the 550 mAh capacity for the rapid 120W charging, which is exclusive to China. Out of doorways of China, both devices ship with 66W fleet charging support .
The adaptations between the vanilla Red Magic 6 and the Pro mannequin don’t stay there. There might well be also an additional heat-dissipation plate on the Pro mannequin that nubia says can decrease the bottom temperature as a lot as a pair of-5C levels. This leaves us without an actual motive to head for the Pro mannequin, however we’ll not advise for particular, provided that we now possess handiest viewed the vanilla Red Magic 6.
Unboxing the nubia Red Magic 6
The phone’s field contains the customary particular person manuals and a USB-C to USB-C cable. The bundled stock charger with this non-Pro version is rated at 30W, while the Chinese version gets the 66W charger. The latter can even be purchased one after the other when you happen to could well well also very successfully be getting the realm version.
This year, it looks that the Red Magic 6 skips the bonus holding case, which we had sooner than.
nubia Red Magic 6 review