Home Canada Ontario back in a state of emergency with another stay at home...

Ontario back in a state of emergency with another stay at home order

63
0
Ontario back in a state of emergency with another stay at home order

By Dan Cearns, Local Journalism Initiative ReporterThe Standard Newspaper

Thu., April 15, 20212 min. read

Early Newspaper

DURHAM/KAWARTHA LAKES: The province of Ontario has been placed in its third state of emergency and has also implemented a stay-at-home order.

Provincial officials announced these measures on Wednesday, April Seventh. The stay-at-home order went into absorb on Thursday, April 8th.

“The reality is, despite everything we’ve carried out so far, the COVID-19 situation in Ontario is getting worse, as these contemporary variants continue to spread. Our hospitals are reaching capacity,” Premier Doug Ford explained.

Below the contemporary measures, non-essential retailers will be shrimp to operating from 7 a.m. unless 8 p.m. They can only offer curbside pickup and provide. Shipping hours for these retail outlets will be shrimp to between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. Shopping malls will, also, only be allowed to offer curbside pickup and provide. According to a provincial press release, “spacious box” retail retail outlets will be allowed to promote “grocery items, pet care supplies, family cleaning supplies, pharmaceutical items, health care items, and personal care items only.”

“This wave [of COVID-19] is assorted. COVID-19 variants are transmitted more rapidly and easily, putting far more lives at possibility. In latest days, we’ve continued to hear from our health system partners. They are concerned. Many of them are afraid. Our hospitals are being hit hard,” Ontario health minister Christine Elliott said.

Premier Ford explained, the stay-at-home order will be, largely “similar to what we went via earlier this year.” Below the order, the simplest reasons folks will be allowed to leave their homes are: “going to the food market or pharmacy, accessing health care services and products (including getting vaccinated), for exterior exercise, or for work [which] cannot be carried out remotely.”

Solicitor General Sylvia Jones stated the implementation of these contemporary measures was a necessary step to gradual the spread of COVID-19.

“We attain not take this determination calmly, but we are seeing alarming daily case numbers. Hospital capacity is being stretched to the limits, despite the health measures we’ve asked folks to seem at. At this critical interval, pressing action is required to gradual the surging spread of COVID-19, and save lives.”

The Solicitor General also warned folks, steps will be taken when any individual breaks or ignores the contemporary rules.

“Let me be clear, these measures will be enforced,” she said.

Loading…

Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…

Source:
Ontario back in a state of emergency with another stay at home order