By Danny Segura |
February 19, 2021 2: 07 pm
This is no longer the main impact you’ll need to form before your UFC debut.
On Friday, Rafael Alves came in 11.5 pounds over the featherweight limit for his first promotional fight against Patrick Sabatini on the preliminary card of UFC Fight Night 185. Alves (19-9 MMA, 0-0 UFC) weighed in at 157.5 pounds.
As a results of the huge miss, Alves vs. Sabatini changed into once canceled.
“Guys, my weight minimize changed into once sinister, my fight changed into once canceled,” Alves wrote in PortI’m sorry, however the particular of all is my successfully being.”
Had the bout against Sabatini (13-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) proceeded, the MMA Masters product would’ve had the most interesting weight miss recorded for a UFC fight. Anthony Johnson holds the mark for the most interesting weight miss recorded in UFC historical previous. Johnson, a former two-time UFC title challenger and now Bellator light heavyweight, overlooked weight by 11 pounds for a middleweight fight against Vitor Belfort in 2012. He misplaced that fight thru rear-naked choke in the main round.
Alves, who earned his UFC contract thru “Dana White’s Contender Series” final August, wasn’t the handiest fighter who overlooked weight on Friday for UFC Fight Night 185. Ketlen Vieira, Jared Gordon and Drako Rodriguez additionally overlooked their marks.
Under are the elephantine UFC Fight Night 185 weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Curtis Blaydes (259) vs. Derrick Lewis (263)
- Yana Kunitskaya (135.5) vs. Ketlen Vieira (138)
- Darrick Minner (146) vs. Charles Rosa (146)
- Chris Daukaus (234) vs. Aleksei Oleinik (240)
- Nassourdine Imavov (185.5) vs. Phil Hawes (185)
- Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs. Tom Aspinall (244.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Danny Chavez (145) vs. Jared Gordon (150)
- Drakkar Klose (156) vs. Luis Pena (155.5)
- John Castaneda (136) vs. Eddie Wineland (135.5)
- Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Nate Landwehr (146)
- Rafael Alves (157.5) vs. Patrick Sabatini (145.5)
- Shana Dobson (126) vs. Casey O’Neill (125.5)
- Jamall Emmers (145.5) vs. Chas Skelly (146)
- Drako Rodriguez (140.5) vs. Aiemann Zahabi (136)
- Serghei Spivac (245) vs. Jared Vanderaa (265)