Men’s Goalball: It’s all over between Belgium and China: the Belgians worthwhile 10-3. The principal individual for the Belgians changed into 28-12 months-ragged Klison Mapreni, who scored eight of their 10 dreams.
Wheelchair basketball: Germany is having a in truth factual originate to today’s wheelchair basketball motion. Early within the third quarter, the males are up 32-26 against reigning gold medallists Team USA, while the females’s personnel contain a at ease 45-25 lead against Australia at half-time.
Desk tennis: Australia’s Ma Lin had a at ease rob within the Men’s class 9 singles, beating Italy’s Mohamed Kalem. It’s his 2nd rob for the Games to this level. Slightly bit of background about Ma Lin. He’s a four-time gold medallist for his native China, but is representing the fairway and gold for the principle time at Tokyo. He lost his apt arm at the outdated of 5, after he changed into bitten by a undergo in a zoo accident.
As a lot as this level
Swimming: In the males’s 100m freestyle S5, Brazilian champ Daniel Dias certified 2nd-quickest, leisurely China’s Yuan Weiyi. He wants two more gold medals to turn out to be the most-decorated Para swimmer of all time. (He already has 14 gold, seven silver and four bronze).
Girls’s wheelchair basketball: It’s a unhurried originate for Australia’s Gliders, down 22-13 leisurely within the principle quarter against Germany in their 2nd hit-out of the Games. The Gliders went down 73-47 to the hosts Japan in their first round match yesterday, so that they’ll be desirous to flip things round.
Men’s Goalball: Belgium appears to be like to be the items against China right here, extending its lead to 4-1, courtesy of a Klison Mapreni intention leisurely within the principle half. For the uninitiated, goalball is a sport designed for fogeys with vision impairment. It’s rather adore handball, but with two teams of three attempting to throw the ball correct into a intention, which covers the scale of the court docket. The ball has a ball in it, and eyeshades are historical so that partly blind gamers are on an equal footing against blind opponents.
Men’s wheelchair basketball: That is one to peep today. It’s unexcited early days but Germany is up by six parts (16-10) against reigning champs Team USA at quarter time.
That is what the medal tally appears to be like to be adore as the motion will get underway today.
It appears to be like to be dazzling factual might presumably perchance contain to you’re it from Australia. Nonetheless my colleague Martin Belam warns, “Savour this one Australia, because I doubt there shall be many days when China are now no longer prime.”
1 🇦🇺 Australia 🥇 6 🥈 1 🥉 3 total: 10
2 🇨🇳 China 🥇 5 🥈 1 🥉 2 total: 8
3 ◻️ Now not Russia 🥇 3 🥈 1 🥉 2 total: 6
4 🇮🇹 Italy 🥇 2 🥈 1 🥉 2 total: 5
5 🇺🇦 Ukraine 🥇 1 🥈 5 🥉 2 total: 8
6 🇬🇧 Expansive Britain 🥇 1 🥈 4 🥉 1 total: 6
7 🇧🇷 Brazil 🥇 1 🥈 1 🥉 2 total: 4
8 🇳🇱 Netherlands 🥇 1 🥈 1 🥉 0 total: 2
9 🇧🇾 Belarus 🥇 1 🥈 0 🥉 0 total: 1
9 🇨🇱 Chile 🥇 1 🥈 0 🥉 0 total: 1
9 🇮🇱 Israel 🥇 1 🥈 0 🥉 0 total: 1
9 🇸🇬 Singapore 🥇 1 🥈 0 🥉 0 total: 1
There’s about to be a flurry of reside motion, with swimming heats and biking and plenty more, so let’s mercurial seize a expect at a number of the highlights of yesterday sooner than we obtain in to that.
Australia dominated within the pool yesterday, claiming four gold medals. Of particular instruct changed into Lakeisha Patterson, who bested Hungary’s Zsófia Konkoly and Team GB’s Toni Shaw in a thrilling speed. Gold moreover went to William Martin within the males’s 400m freestyle S9, Rowan Crowthers for the males’s 50m freestyle S10, and Ben Popham (males’s 100m freestyle S8).
For our British readers, the Sarah Storey instruct is effectively and indubitably on the boulevard. Storey, 43, won gold 3000m particular individual pursuit C5, breaking her own world file within the system. By four seconds, no less. It takes her Paralympic gold medal haul to 15, one short of swimmer Mike Kenny’s British file.
Staying at the velodrome, and it changed into a golden originate for Australia there, too. Paige Greco defeated China’s Wang Xiaomei within the C3 particular individual 3000m pursuit final. Moments later, Emily Petricola, 41, moreover won frosty within the C4 classification.
In the wheelchair rugby, the US purchased of to a flying originate, defeating Unique Zealand 63-35. It changed into a fantastic tighter affair between Expansive Britain and Canada, with the Brits worthwhile 50-47. Meanwhile, debutants Denmark claimed a surprise rob over reigning champs Australia, 54-53.
Good day and welcome to our protection of day two of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. We’re delighted to contain you becoming a member of us again today.
I don’t learn about you, but post-Olympics it’s felt adore there’s been rather of a void in my existence, so thank goodness there is so great more elite sport for us to skills in these subsequent two weeks.
Already, things purchased off to a thrilling originate yesterday, with world records tumbling across rather a few events, and heaps of medals already slump and won.
Nonetheless there’s so great more to come today. Below, I’ve listed an very excellent overview of today’s events, courtesy of my colleague Martin Belam.
All events are listed right here in native Tokyo time. Add an hour for Sydney, subtract eight hours for London, 13 hours for Unique York Metropolis and 16 hours for Los Angeles.
If you simply peep one part: 10am-2.57pm Music Biking – there are races all Thursday morning, and then from 1.45pm we obtain into the females’s 3000m particular individual pursuit finals in three courses, with the males’s B 4000m particular individual pursuit final to round off Thursday at the velodrome 🥇
- 9am-11.16am and 5pm-8.01pm Swimming – after a morning of heats, Thursday’s evening session gains what might presumably perchance contain to unexcited be an hour’s value of appealing 100m finals adopted by the combined 4x50m freestyle relay 20 parts final 🥇
- 9am-2.20pm and 4pm-10pm Desk tennis – there’s more desk tennis than it is most likely you’ll presumably perchance be in a plan to shake a stick at again on Thursday with more than 128 neighborhood stage video games taking convey.
- 9am-8.30pm Wheelchair basketball – there are neighborhood video games for both males and females all day, notably the US males face Germany at 9am, Expansive Britain’s females face the hosts at 11.15am in a recreation they want to rob, and the British males face Algeria at 2.45pm.
- 9am-8.30pm Goalball – there are seven preliminary suits in both the males’s and females’s competition scattered thru the day, with the US males clashing with Brazil at 1.15pm potentially being the remove of the bunch.
- 11am and 1pm and 4.30pm and 6.30pm Powerlifting – a busy day as in pronounce it goes males’s -49kg final, females’s -41kg final, females’s -45kg final and then the males’s -54kg final 🥇
- 4pm-8.31pm Equestrian – 47-12 months-ragged Lee Pearson has 11 Paralympic gold medals leisurely him, but there shall be one thing varied about competing this 12 months, because it is miles the principle time he’ll contain a young family to cheer him on – albeit remotely. In a moderately ambitious lockdown finishing up, Pearson modified into a foster father for the principle time final 12 months. His Grade II particular individual dressage test is first up 🐴🥇
- 6pm-8.30pm Wheelchair fencing – preliminaries are on all day from 9am but we obtain to the industry reside at 6pm on Thursday, with medals to be won within the males’s and females’s épée particular individual, in both class A and class B 🥇