Transnet says it goes to lift the force majeure declared after a cyberattack by the port terminals working division at container terminals within the ports of Cape Town, Durban, Ngqura and Gqeberha on Monday.
“Transnet believes it is now in a position to provider its customers and meet all contractual obligations reliably,” the suppose-owned firm said in an announcement on Friday.
The declaration of the force majeure took impression from July 22 after the cyberattack resulted in operations having to be conducted manually — having a vital beget an impression on on the motion of items.
The SA Meat Processors Association (Sampa) and SA Association of Meat Importers & Exporters (AMIE SA) on Thursday warned of “main backlogs for both exports and imports within the Durban port. The port is working rapid of home to store containers and working out of drag aspects customary to consume containers cool, which is in a position to consequence in huge meals wastage if no longer resolved in the present day.”
The assault disabled container tracking programs, which successfully shut the container terminals. Some ships had been diverted from SA ports within the future of the programs outage.
Transnet spokesperson Ayanda Shezi said on Friday that the lifting of the force majeure follows the phased restoration of the NAVIS N4 terminal working system across the container terminals.
“In phrases of operations, port terminals will continue to apply the berthing principles of the container operations contract within the container terminals. Right here is at demonstrate doubtlessly the most beneficial methodology of normalising operations and declaring a complementary port time desk for shipping strains,” said Shezi.
“Transnet wants to thank its customers and stakeholders for their collaboration and pork up following the events of the past week.”