Officers stress the importance of getting vaccinated as rapidly as eligible.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Two extra cases of the UK variant of COVID-19 had been reported in Nueces County, public health officers announced Thursday. That brings the whole cases to a few in the county.
20 cases of the B.1.1.7 variant possess now been reported in Region 11, which includes Nueces, San Patricio, Bee, Hidalgo, Cameron and Jim Wells counties.
“The B.1.1.7 variant became as soon as first acknowledged in the United Kingdom in the autumn and appears to spread worthy extra without complications from individual to individual than most strains of the coronavirus,” Effectively being District Director Annette Rodriguez acknowledged. “Basically the most original scientific proof presentations this variant is extra lethal and can keep of dwelling off extra severe illness. All people is aware of the vaccines currently will protect individuals against this variant and residents need to be vigilant and continue to win precautions.”
Right here is a breakdown of the Region 11 B.1.1.7 variant by county:
- Hidalgo County 8
- Cameron County 5
- Nueces County 3
- San Patricio County 2
- Jim Wells County 1
- Bee County 1
The health division urges residents to note these guidelines:
- Be aware social distancing with all people out of doors of your instantaneous family.
- Wear a mask when in public.
- Wash your fingers continually with cleaning soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Again far from touching your eyes, nostril, and mouth with unwashed fingers.
- Again far from terminate contact with those that are ill.
- Disinfect continually touched surfaces at residence and at work.
- Find vaccinated as rapidly as eligible.
For the most original updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click on here.
Extra from 3News on KIIITV.com: