By Nolan King |
February 20, 2021 10: 44 pm
Yana Kunitskaya made the most of her management at UFC Fight Night 185.
When she fought Ketlen Vieira on Saturday, Kunitskaya (14-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) won a unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28), in spite of getting virtually four minutes much less management time than her opponent. Vieira (11-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) managed much of the fight, nonetheless Kunitskaya landed the break that swayed the judges in her decide.
The girls folks’s bantamweight bout modified into once the UFC Fight Night 185 co-main tournament at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It streamed on ESPN+.
The opening round quick saw the fighters enter the clinch. Vieira initiated in opposition to the fence. After a Kunitskaya reversal, Vieira dragged her to the floor. From there, Vieira slowly worked toward a more dominant divulge, which she never obtained earlier than the round ended.
For the entirety of Spherical 2, Kunitskaya modified into once up to the mark. Within the opening minute, Kunitskaya secured a takedown. Vieira would fetch up temporarily, nonetheless Kunitskaya dragged her wait on all of the map down to the mat and landed floor-and-pound.
Even though she entered Spherical 3 with momentum, Kunitskaya modified into once with out note planted to the mat by a Vieira takedown. From half guard, Vieira at final shifted into mount with three minutes final. Vieira worked to Kunitskaya’s wait on.
As Vieira worked for submissions, Kunitskaya landed a series of blind punches earlier than she reversed divulge. On top, Kunitskaya landed heavy elbows, which sliced Vieira’s head open.
Kunitskaya entered the fight as an underdog and proved the oddsmakers substandard. The victory turns a standalone decide true into a a success run for Kunitskaya. She has won four of her most most up to date five outings. The stretch additionally comprises wins over Lina Lansberg, Marion Reneau, and Julija Stoliarenko.
As for Vieira, the loss devices her wait on for the 2nd time in three fights. Prior to a unanimous decision decide over Sijara Eubanks, Vieira modified into once knocked out by Irene Aldana.
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 185 outcomes embrace:
- Yana Kunitskaya def. Ketlen Vieira through unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Darrick Minner def. Charles Rosa through unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-27)
- Chris Daukaus def. Aleksei Oleinik through TKO (punches) – Spherical 1, 1: 55
- Phil Hawes def. Nassourdine Imavov through majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tom Aspinall def. Andrei Arlovski through submission (rear-naked choke) – Spherical 2, 1: 09
- Jared Gordon def. Danny Chavez through unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- John Castaneda def. Eddie Wineland through TKO (punches) – Spherical 1, 4: 44
- Julian Erosa def. Nate Landwehr through TKO (flying knee) – Spherical 1, 0: 56
- Casey O’Neill def. Shana Dobson through TKO (punches) – Spherical 2, 3: 41
- Aiemann Zahabi def. Drako Rodriguez through knockout (punches) – Spherical 1, 3: 05
- Serghei Spivac def. Jared Vanderaa through TKO (punches) – Spherical 2, 4: 32