By Mike Bohn |
April 10, 2021 3: 45 pm
Rodriguez changed into as soon as a step earlier than Perry from the outset as he bloodied and battered his foe for three rounds and, rather than a couple of non-impactful takedowns, cruised to a unanimous decision win by rankings of 30-27, 30-27 and 30-26.
Rodriguez expressed pride after winning his fourth bout in five octagon appearances. He mentioned the fight went precisely how he wanted it to.
“This is precisely what I anticipated. This is precisely what I desired to produce on this expansive stage,” Rodriguez mentioned in his put up-fight interview with Daniel Cormier. “It couldn’t gain gone any better than this. … This is precisely how I deliberate it out.”
The bout opened up the UFC on ABC 2 main card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It aired on ABC following prelims on ESPN and ESPN+.
They exchanged to originate the fight, and Rodriguez landed the important thing expansive blow with a head kick. He adopted by snapping support Perry’s head with the jab. Perry struggled with the vary early in the fight, and Rodriguez many instances backed him up with combinations, showing pinpoint accuracy. Perry secured a takedown with 90 seconds remaining after taking a amount of shots standing, and he managed to burn a whereas from on top to find himself support in the fight.
Rodriguez (14-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC) went support to working around his captivating jab, supporting it with leg and body kicks, as wisely as his straight punches. Perry (14-8 MMA, 7-8 UFC) landed a takedown with correct over three minutes remaining, but he couldn’t maintain Rodriguez down and changed into as soon as compelled support into losing striking exchanges. Perry changed into as soon as too gradual and had no solution for Rodriguez’s game.
With Perry’s face and nose looking mangled headed into the final spherical, Perry tried to obtain something happen by pressing forward and working in direction of another takedown. Rodriguez had his blueprint wisely scouted by that point, even supposing, and stopped the shots that got right here his formula. That allowed Rodriguez to maintain landing his punches and kicks, closing the fight out tough.
Up-to-the-minute UFC on ABC 2 results include:
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Mike Perry by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Joe Solecki def. Jim Miller by technique of unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Mateusz Gamrot def. Scott Holtzman by technique of knockout (punches) – Spherical 2, 1: 22
- John Makdessi def. Ignacio Bahamondes by technique of fracture up decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Jarjis Danho def. Yorgan De Castro by technique of knockout (punch) – Spherical 1, 3: 02
- Jack Shore def. Hunter Azure by technique of fracture up decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
- Luis Saldana def. Jordan Griffin by technique of unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Da Un Jung def. William Knight by technique of unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Impa Kasanganay def. Sasha Palatnikov by technique of submission (rear-bare choke) – Spherical 2, 0: 26