By Mike Bohn |
Might perchance perchance 8, 2021 10: 30 pm
Within the sport of standing toe-to-toe, Morono’s (19-7 MMA, 8-4 UFC) vitality received out as he pains and mauled “Cowboy” (36-16 MMA, 24-13 UFC) with strikes for a standing TKO on the 4: 40 price of Round 1.
Morono stepped into the fight as a replacement for Diego Sanchez on beautiful six days’ gape, and he changed into extremely pleased to secure the job done.
“I’ve purchased some blended emotions beautiful now and beautiful gratified to expend for Texas and my group,” Morono talked about in his post-fight interview with Daniel Cormier. “My perform on this fight changed into to point of curiosity on my point of curiosity and not deviate.”
— UFC (@ufc) Might perchance perchance 9, 2021
The welterweight bout changed into the UFC on ESPN 24 co-main match on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It aired on ESPN following prelims on ESPN+.
Morono came out the gate swinging a huge punch that uncared for and position up a clinch advise on the fence. They moved into open poke the place they spent the majority to the spherical exchanging. Cerrone landed some good kicks to the physique and legs, whereas Morono answered with some stinging punches that had loads leisurely them.
With time winding down, Morono landed a trim punch that rocked Cerrone and aid him up. Cerrone survived the preliminary strike, however Morono smelt blood and swarmed for the cease. Cerrone changed into pains disagreeable whereas backed up against the fence, and Morono landed punches until referee Marc Goddard had seen enough and waved it off.
Up-to-the-minute UFC on ESPN 24 outcomes encompass:
- Alex Morono def. Donald Cerrone via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 4: 40
- Neil Magny def. Geoff Neal via unanimous possibility (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima def. Maurice Greene via unanimous possibility (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Gregor Gillespie def. Diego Ferreira via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4: 51
- Phil Hawes def. Kyle Daukaus via unanimous possibility (30-26, 30-26, 29-27)
- Mike Trizano def. Ludovit Klein via unanimous possibility (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Jun Yong Park def. Tafon Nchukwi via majority possibility (30-25, 29-26, 28-28)
- Carlston Harris def. Christian Aguilera via technical submission (anaconda choke) – Round 1, 2: 52