Benoit (10-7 MMA, 3-5 UFC) came in three pounds chubby for his flyweight matchup with Zarrukh Adashev (3-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC) for the duration of Friday’s legit weigh-ins, and the matchup was therefore scratched from the cardboard.
Pulling him was the last note name, as getting Benoit onto the scale to register the miss was a troubling leer.
From the second Benoit stepped thru the backstage curtain toward the stage, it was sure he was in atrocious form. He had his coach and UFC security following closely and surely had to be guided as much as the scale.
With his physique shaking, Benoit couldn’t stand restful long ample to register an legit weight on his first strive. He was taken backstage to be examined by a doctor, who curiously allowed him to return relieve out for a second strive.
Benoit was restful in atrocious condition, however the folk around him saved him restful ample to officially weigh in. He was 129 pounds.
Internal minutes, the Nevada Athletic Commission published it would no longer sure Benoit for competition, and the matchup with Adashev was canceled. Benoit’s supervisor, Oren Hodak, told MMA Junkie’s Nolan King that the fighter was transported to the wisely being facility.
Stare the video of Benoit lacking weight above.
UFC on ESPN 24 takes station Saturday at the UFC Apex. The principle card airs on ESPN following prelims on ESPN+.
The fat UFC on ESPN 24 weigh-in results consist of:
MAIN CARD (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Marina Rodriguez (125.5) vs. Michelle Waterson (125)
- Donald Cerrone (170) vs. Alex Morono (170.5)
- Neil Magny (170.5) vs. Geoff Neal (171)
- Maurice Greene (237) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (264.5)
- Diego Ferreira (160.5)* vs. Gregor Gillespie (156)
- Angela Hill (116) vs. Amanda Ribas (115.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Philipe Lins ()^ vs. Ben Rothwell (264.5)
- Kyle Daukaus (186) vs. Phil Hawes (186)
- Ludovit Klein (146) vs. Mike Trizano (146)
- Zarrukh Adashev (125.5) vs. Ryan Benoit (129)#
- Tafon Nchukwi (186) vs. Jun Yong Park (186)
- Christian Aguilera (170.5) vs. Carlston Harris (170.5)
Ferreira was fined 30 p.c of his purse, however the bout will shuffle on as scheduled
^ Lins was no longer medically cleared to compete
# Benoit was ruled out as a consequence of weight administration components