“How’s that for 40, b*tch?”
The welterweight bout became as soon as part of the UFC on ESPN 25 major card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. It aired on ESPN2 and streamed on ESPN+.
By the opening eight minutes, Brown (23-18 MMA, 16-12 UFC) and Lima (15-8 MMA, 4-6 UFC) engaged in a attend-and-forth kicking fight. Even supposing Brown landed his aesthetic part of nerve-racking leg kicks to Lima’s thighs, it became as soon as the Brazilian who landed heavier and extra on the total – his kicks landing on the American’s calf.
In Round 2, the fighters engaged within the clinch on the total. Correct past the midway point of the fight, Brown broke the clinch with a knee to Lima’s physique. The two exchanged and Brown connected with a punch to the physique. Moments later, Brown connected with a violent overhand authorized that faceplanted Lima. The fight became as soon as promptly waived off.
— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 19, 2021
Brown, 40, snaps a two-fight losing skid with his first victory since December 2019. He has now received three of his latest 5 outings. Prior to the fight, the 13-one year UFC gentle indicated the end of his profession became as soon as nearing but did now not outline a particular timeline for when he’ll hang up the gloves.
As for Lima, the loss is his 2nd in a row with the skid coming on the heels of a 3-fight losing lope. The attend-to-attend defeats are the major consecutive losses Lima has endured since 2017-2018.
Up-to-the-minute UFC on ESPN 25 outcomes consist of:
- Matt Brown def. Dhiego Lima by technique of knockout (punch) – Round 2, 3: 02
- Nicolae Negumereanu def. Aleksa Camur by technique of split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Virna Jandiroba def. Kanako Murata by technique of TKO (grief) – Round 2, 5: 00
- Khaos Williams def. Matthew Semelsberger by technique of unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Josh Parisian def. Roque Martinez by technique of split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ricky Glenn def. Joaquim Silva by technique of knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0: 37
- Casey O’Neill def. Lara Procopio by technique of technical submission (rear-bare choke) – Round 3, 2: 54