Ghana’s lengthy-interval of time prosperity is central to the UK-Ghana partnership and security and steadiness is mandatory to the nation’s inform. Together, the UK and Ghana are partnering to fashion out shared threats by a brand contemporary Ministerial security dialogue, legislation enforcement partnerships and spy-to-spy working towards.
To reinforce the UK-Ghana security partnership, Minister Duddridge will use his insist over with to scream an additional £250,000 to fund 4 obligatory security and steadiness projects that will bolster Ghana’s capability to combat threats. This funding is as well to the present £1 million of UK funding to reinforce the nation’s counter-terrorism capability.
Arriving in Ghana, UK Minister for Africa James Duddridge MP, said:
Ghana’s steadiness is mandatory for inform and prosperity in both Ghana and across West Africa. Thru our flagship Warfare, Stability and Security Fund we’re launching 4 contemporary projects in Ghana value £250,000, to reinforce the ongoing security and steadiness on the northern border.
The UK is evident that it is in our shared pastime to reinforce a solid, and peaceable Ghana, both now and in the years ahead, and our contemporary package of reinforce will empower communities, the nation’s security businesses and civil society organizations to proceed to uphold steadiness alongside the border, across the nation and proper by the self-discipline.”
These contemporary 4 security and steadiness projects will:
- develop the capability of Ghana’s nationwide crisis response mannequin
- present experts to abet bring Ghana’s nationwide security command
- fund the basic work of on-the-ground civil society organizations by STAR Ghana Foundation, working without prolong with communities across the nation that are most vulnerable to insecurity
In the course of his insist over with, Minister Duddridge will meet with key companions and stakeholders together with honorable Ministers, leaders in Ghana’s artwork and tourism sectors, as successfully as representatives from industry and change. The Minister would possibly perhaps perhaps also insist over with Accra’s iconic Christiansburg citadel, tour Gallery 1957 and meet British-Ghanaian diaspora driving industry and innovation in Ghana.
Minister Duddridge final visited Ghana in January 2021, the save he attended His Excellency President Nana Akufo-Addo’s Presidential Inauguration, met almost with His Excellency Vice-President Mahamudu Bawumia correct by the hot UK-Ghana Alternate Council held in June this One year and lastly met His Excellency President Akufo-Addo with other senior officers and honourable Ministers correct by the hot International Education Summit held in London in July.
- photos of the Minister’s insist over with shall be posted on the British High Commission’s Flickr page
- the Warfare, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) was launched in 2015 and has transformed the manner the UK responds to war and fragility in a foreign nation. It permits 12 executive departments and businesses to address security priorities in a collaborative arrangement
- the £250,000 will fund 4 projects:
- £100,000 for STAR Ghana Foundation –
- working with executive our bodies to reinforce the implementation of the Sustainable Peace, Security and Construction in Northern Ghana
- raise together central and regional governments, worn and non secular leaders and civil society on the upcoming a Northern Construction Summit
- name and work with key stakeholders and civil society organizations in northern Ghana to test contemporary programs of addressing the root causes of war and insecurity. This would possibly perhaps occasionally be on the bottom-community basically based mostly work
- £30,000 to fabricate Regular Working Procedures for policing to bring emergency response capability and interoperability between police counter-terrorism unit and other gadgets correct by the service
- £50,000 to present UK specialist reinforce to abet bring Ghana’s nationwide security command
- £70,000 to reinforce Ghana’s nationwide crisis response mannequin correct by the Ministry of Nationwide Security
- £100,000 for STAR Ghana Foundation –
- established in 2018, the UK-Ghana Alternate Council (UKGBC) capabilities as a high-diploma forum to promote bilateral relatives and strategic partnerships between Ghanaian non-public sector and UK counterparts. Selling change and funding for the mutual attend of each and each nation and improving financial inform
- on Wednesday, 18 August 2021, the shipment of 249,000 UK-donated AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines arrived in Accra. These obligatory vaccines had been deployed across Ghana, reaching those most in need